We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Human ResourcesImportant Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.Job Requisition ID:R00017356Job Category:Health SystemOrganization:Children's Dieticians and Milk DepotLocation/s:Main Campus JacksonJob Title:Reg Dietitian I-Children's HospitalJob Summary:To plan and conduct food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease in accordance with medical nutrition care protocols. To counsel individuals or groups, conduct nutritional research, and/or provide program participant certification.Education & Experience
Meet the requirements for registration as a Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: Mississippi licensure within the applicable time frame. Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) within the applicable time frame.
Knowledge of food, nutrition, and physical/ biological sciences. Knowledge of research methodologies, needs assessments, out-come-based research, scientific method, and quality improvement methods. Knowledge of the influence of age, growth, and normal development on nutritional requirements. Interpersonal and motivational skills. Ability to interpret basic statistics. Ability to calculate and interpret nutrient composition of foods.
Ability to calculate and/or define diets for specific health conditions.
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions, and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Assesses nutritional status, identifies nutrition problems, and formulates a comprehensive care plan according to patient needs including age, cognitive, social, and physical developmental stage, culture, severity of diseases, conditions of impairment or disability, and physical signs of malnutrition.
- Determines nutrition goals and recommends comprehensive nutrition interventions to resolve or improve nutrition problems and achieve goals, including but not limited to: fluid, electrolyte, and glucose management, management of pharmacotherapy in relation to drug-nutrient interactions, supplements, enteral and parenteral formulas, equipment needed to deliver nutrition formulas, transitional feeding plans and post discharge nutrition care plans.
- Confers with physicians and healthcare personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patient.
- Educates patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and modification, and food selection and preparation; arranges for individual follow-up as needed.
- Counsels individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition maintenance to improve their quality of life.
- Certifies individuals for participation in programs such as women, infants, and children (WIC) and research programs as appropriate.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental DemandsTime Type:Full timeFLSA Designation/Job Exempt:YesPay Class:SalaryFTE %:100Work Shift:Benefits Eligibility:Job Posting Date:12/3/2021Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Requires constant exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, constant activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, constant sitting, constant standing, frequent twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
The University of Mississippi Medical Center is an EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Title VI/Title VII/Title IX/504/ADA/ADEA employer. The University of Mississippi Medical Center’s education, research, and service programs are open to every qualified person. Equal Employment Opportunity is announced, provided, and ensured for all persons and affirmative action is taken to guarantee that individuals recruited, hired, trained, promoted, will in all ways be treated equally without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, socio-economic status, culture, or genetic information. Inquiries or concerns may be made to: Employee Relations, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216.