SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at.
As a Staff member of the Search team at SiriusXM/Pandora you are responsible for building and maintaining the service that supports Search functionality interactions across our native mobile and web applications, automotive systems and third party devices.
You will work closely with Product Management and Data Science partners to implement innovative features and measure their impact. You're comfortable working in a distributed team, in a fast paced environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have a collaborative attitude and love working with others to find elegant solutions to complex problems, always keeping the end user in mind. You have a solid foundation of Java development and are comfortable building services at scale. You are familiar with cloud software deployment and monitoring tools and are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills. You have a background in Search or Recommender systems or a deep curiosity and willingness to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design solution for Search technical features.
- Work with the integrating partners to unblock integration.
- Represent Search teams for some features across the organization i.e attending meetings to demo or help other team integrate with the search API or new features.
- Working with team members to make sure we are following design/architecture of API. Doing code reviews.
- Work on complex areas of Search.
- Working with product to understand user stories and Implementing them.
- Actively Involved in performance testing of API.
- Following developer owned model, responsible for deployments to Stage/Production environments. Most of the times this involves monitoring the continuous deploy.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computers
- 5+ years development experience with a focus on microservice development
Requirements and General Skills:
- Working knowledge of Elastic Search or other search framework
- Experience deploying code to production environments
- Experience with cloud computing (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with Spring/SpringBoot
- Experience with Recommender, or Search systems.
- Working knowledge of Logstash and Kibana
- Working knowledge of Kafka
- Experience collaborating with data scientists, exposure to machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling methods.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Deep understanding and proficiency with:
- Working knowledge of Java, Elastic Search or Solr , Kibana.
- Cloud Platform offerings and capabilities (especially with Google Cloud)
- Experience using "Infrastructure as code" (e.g. Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, Nomad, Terraform, etc.)
Some experience with:
- Monitoring dashboards with tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Metabase and otherwise
- CI/CD, build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform
- Working with big data pipelines and a batch processing scheduling system such as Apache Airflow
- Building and distributing command line tools via Bash, Python, or otherwise
- Unit Testing frameworks and methodologies
- Familiar with using ELK stack or similar for log aggregation
- Good to have experience withLogstash, Python.
Any experience with the following is a bonus:
- NoSQL based storage systems such as Neo4j, BigTable, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis
- Containerization technologies such as Docker, Nomad and Kubernetes
- A passion for building tools that help others succeed
- Working knowledge of Clojure is a plus.
More details about our company benefits can be found!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.