A Pipe Layer job in Powell, TNis available through Garney Construction. To be considered for this position you must have previous experience with pipe laying. As a pipe layer, you will assemble, install and repair underground pipes and fittings. This includes, but not limited to, metallic and plastic pipe, ductile iron pipe, steel pipe and concrete pipe for water, sewer and drain work.
- Prepare the area in which pipe will lay by directing trenching and grading.
- Perform functions of a Laborer as required.
- Assist equipment Operators in the placement of pipe.
- Direct equipment Operators with hand signals.
- Backfill around pipe using hand tools.
- Set-up and work with pipe lasers and transits.
- Locate and mark the correct position of pipe and fittings in an underground trench.
- Assemble and install valves, fitting and pipe composed of metal, PVC, ductile and concrete.
- Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, and plastic solvent cement.
- Test pipes for leakage. Measures and cuts pipe.
- Promote Garney Goals and Philosophies.
- Two years of experience installing large diameter pipes for water, sewer, storm drain.
- Experience in working with construction tools such as tape measure, torpedo level, laser, radio, and gloves.
- Experience in reading and understanding blueprints and specifications to determine work procedure.
- Must be able to work on their feet for an entire day, understand and perform assigned tasks.
- Must be willing to complete "Rigging and Signaling Certification" (provided by Garney)
- Must be willing to obtain "Confined Space Training Certification" (provided by Garney)
- Must be willing to complete OSHA 10 hour (provided by Garney)
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Health Plan, Dental Plan, Group Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Saving Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Wellness Program
- Paid Vacation/Paid Time Off
If you are interested in this Pipe Layer position in Powell, TNthen please Apply Now. For other opportunities available at Garney Construction go to . If you have questions about the position or would like more information, please contact Alex Lievirisci- Recruiterat 407.287.8768or by .
Garney Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Garney Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.