Job No: 512336
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Graduate Assistant School of Kinesiology & Recreation Teaching Assistant Exercise Physiology Lab Fall 22 and Spring 23
Employee Classification: Graduate Asst Teaching
Division Name: Academic Affairs
College/Unit: College of Applied Science and Technology
Department: School of Kinesiology and Recreation
Campus Location: Normal, ILGeneral Summary
The graduate teaching assistants' primary duties are in support of instruction including, but not limited to, the responsibilities below:
1. Serve as a primary or secondary teaching instructor in a class or laboratory
2. Assist a faculty member with teaching-related tasks
3. Grade student assignments which require knowledge of subjects taught in a class or laboratory
4. Meet with and/or tutor students, hold office hours, prepare instructional materials, and assist during class and/or lab, etc.
Graduate Assistants in the Exercise Physiology Lab will be responsible for the following duties/responsibilities:
1. Complete CITI Training and other training programs.
2. Provide assistance with research-related equipment preparation and calibration.
3. Provide training for and secondary supervision of undergraduate students assigned to the lab.
4. Provide assistance with class activities designated within the lab.
5. Contribute to the maintenance and ensure operation of laboratory equipment (check equipment for proper operation prior to its needed use).
6. Attend laboratory meetings and laboratory equipment training sessions.
7. Other duties as assigned by the School of Kinesiology and Recreation and Exercise Physiology Lab Coordinator.
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Enrolled in the Master's degree program in the School of Kinesiology and Recreation as a degree seeking graduate student at Illinois State University
3. Eligible for appointment as per the requirements in the Graduate Assistant Handbook which can be found at http://hr.illinoisstate.edu/downloads/GA_Handbook.pdf
4. For Teaching Assistant positions State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate daily, both oral and written.
2. Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse).
3. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations on and off campus.
August 2022Salary Rate / Pay Rate
TBDRequired Applicant Documents
Resume / C.V.
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"Special Instructions for Applicants
Initial application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
You must be eligible for employment in the United States and at Illinois State University and/or for the number of hours required for the position.
If you are an international student, the rules/laws for your visa status may place limits on your employment eligibility. Students are responsible for knowing and following all applicable visa status rules/laws. If you are not certain whether your visa status allows you to accept an assistantship or additional work hours, contact the International Student and Scholar Services immediately for clarification. The University cannot grant exceptions to visa status rules/laws.
Illinois State University, as your employer, is required by federal law to ensure proper tax withholding from wages and to ensure that the required reporting of employee wages, withholding, and employment taxes is accurate. For this reason, every employee must have a valid Social Security Number registered with the University at the time of employment and/or as soon after as possible, but no later than 45 days from the start date. Failure to comply with this law may result in cancellation of your appointment.
Illinois State University Graduate Assistants are restricted to no more than 28 hours per week of on-campus employment for all positions held.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law, you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at . The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at .
Application Opened: CST