Customer service manager opportunity -this is a great position with a global industrial distribution company. Combine team leadership with service center operations.
In partnership with more than 4,000 world-class manufacturers, we are an industry-leading value-added distributor of a wide variety of innovative, efficient, and reliable industrial products. Since 1923, we have been committed to always having the right part in stock and always getting it to the customer when they need it.
As Customer Service Manager, you will manage and lead / participate in day-to-day service center operations. This includes leadership for our team of customer service specialists, managing inventory, accounting, and analysis for business & process improvements. This is a multi-aspect role that encompasses both service management and leadership and coaching of our CSRs. This position reports directly to our General Manager.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
* Managing internal service center operations to meet/exceed P&L objectives including inventory, AR / DSO, AP
* Meeting customer and shipment metrics, including time to fill, expediting orders, and quoting
* Hiring, training, and developing service center personnel
* Managing inventory, receivables, expenses, and profit/loss accounting
* Reviewing and completing monthly reports as well as overseeing petty cash balancing
* Ensuring that customer relations are maintained at a high level
* Utilizing key metrics to evaluate and recommend best practices for operations
* Creating a positive, dynamic, and fun work environment
Build a team. Your mission is to meet / exceed sales goals (top line sales dollars and bottom line profits), by developing a productive, healthy environment where people want to succeed and grow personally and as a team.
As a Customer Service Manager, you should have strong business acumen, analytical & problem solving skills, accounting knowledge. Strong administrative, project management, and mentoring abilities. Work hands on alongside the team to satisfy customer needs as well. Use your ability to establish rapport and build solid relationships with service staff and a wide variety of customers.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
* 2+ years of proven sales or customer service leadership / management experience in a business-to-business transactional environment. Supervisory/management experience preferred
* High school diploma or GED
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Written and verbal communication skills, including English grammar
* Solid understanding of financial and accounting concepts
* Computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn
* Organizational, multi-tasking, analytical skills
* Sense of urgency, sense of humor
* Industrial sales / distribution experience, preferred
* ERP / SAP experience, a plus
We are committed to your professional development and with ongoing training. Here is just some of what we have to offer:
* Base salary and bonus opportunities
* Health, vision, and dental coverage, 401(k) w/ company match
* Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays, Tuition reimbursement
* Personalized training and development program
* Career development and advancement opportunities
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT)is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.