Mentor, OH, US, 44060
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
As an engineering member of a product development team in R&D, performs a full range of electrical engineering duties and project assignments based on guidance from senior/lead engineers. Reports to the engineering team manager and responsible for the design, development, and documentation associated with the project electrical system. This includes the control system electronics hardware, electromechanical interfaces, compliance to machine specifications, and compliance to applicable electrical codes and standards. Must be able to solve machine control problems by applying knowledge of electrical engineering principles to accomplish technical assignments.
* Works as a collaborative electrical engineering team member and assists with the design, development, testing, and reports for new product development (NPD) projects in R&D.
* Supports the sustaining activities related to products in the market.
* Applies electrical engineering principles to develop design solutions for electromechanical machine control.
* Responsible for requirements and concept development, component selection and evaluation, schematic creation, design verification and completeness of product documentation.
* Leads engineering design reviews
* Confirms electrical system's and component's capabilities and quality by developing test protocols and reports.
* Provides electrical guidance to project designers and technicians in their assignments.
* Interacts with vendors and suppliers to select electrical components/subassemblies that comply with machine requirements and specifications.
* Coordinates details and design criteria with other engineering disciplines on a development project.
* Exhibits a working knowledge of applicable codes and standards, esp. NEC and 61010-1 for electrical safety compliance, as well as various EMC practices for FCC/CE certification.
* Assists Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer with project electrical design duties such as monitor and advise Engineering Manager of design issues, concerns, and/or required changes, research suitable solutions and estimate cost and corresponding timeframe to complete.
* Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree (BSEE from ABET accredited college/university is preferred)
* 2-5 years of related electrical engineering experience is desirable
* Experience with electrical engineering development tools, such as Excel, Visio/ AutoCad/EPLAN, Altium/OrCad, SPICE
* Experience with LEAN or Six Sigma methodology is a plus
* Self-motivated and innovative, yet an exceptional product development team player
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills
* Working knowledge of electrical systems, electrical troubleshooting, and electrical testing design
* Familiarity with controlling electromechanical devices such as motors, solenoids, and heaters
* Experience with embedded hardware design and control technology, esp. board-level electronics
* Understanding of design and application of various sensor technologies
* Familiarity with user interface technology, HMIs such as touch-screen displays and printers
* Understanding of machine communication protocols and data acquisition
* Experience with basic laboratory instruments and tools (e.g. DMM, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer)
* Experience with National Instruments LabView/LabWindows is a plus
* Travel up to 10% (including international)
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by * 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.
Mentor, OH, US, 44060
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, Medical, Product Development, Electrical Engineering, Electrical, Engineering, Healthcare, Research