Environmental Senior Project Manager - Federal
Description: This senior management position leads teams of professionals in the delivery of environmental projects under Federal contracts, primarily with the Department of Defense, including planning and directing field investigation and remedial action programs, deliverable preparation, and client management.
Some responsibilities include:
- Lead and participate as a member multi-disciplinary team under the direction of the division manager to take full responsibility in managing/directing challenging environmental investigation/ restoration programs involving a wide array of contaminants and environmental media at numerous locations throughout the US.
- Effectively serve as a Contract Manager and Senior Client Manager.
- Manage all project elements including client staff, scope, schedule, budget, safety, quality and customer expectations for a variety of environmental restoration projects including investigations, design and remedial actions.
- Manage environmental investigation/ restoration projects or tasks from inception to completion including cost estimating, technical proposal preparation, work plan development, field work, and report preparation; involves overall task coordination with limited supervision.
- Coordinate and oversee a variety of soil, subsurface soil, vapor intrusion, soil gas, groundwater, surface water, and sediment investigations including traditional and cutting-edge data acquisition techniques, direction of mid- and junior-level staff during fieldwork and providing fieldwork oversight of subcontractors.
- Lead, mentor, and train junior staff, providing direction, vision, and strategy for the company and the project.
- Display and demonstrate company ownership attributes including risk tolerance, business acumen, loyalty, and financial resolve.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering or related discipline.
- Post Graduate degree desired.
- Professional Registration or Licensure preferred, not required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental consulting specializing in the planning and managing of a variety of field geologic investigations, studies and remedial actions that involve multidisciplinary project teams.
- A minimum of 5 years of project management for federal clients required, DoD experience required.
- Demonstratable fixed firm price delivery experience managing project portfolio with a total annual revenue budget greater than $1MM.
- Performance-based remediation experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of geological and hydrogeological principles, including physical geology, glacial geology, stratigraphy, structural geology, stream geomorphology, and geophysics.
- Working knowledge of laboratory analyses, waste characterization criteria, human health and ecological screening criteria, interpretation of geologic and chemical data for surface water, sediment, soil, soil gas and groundwater.
- Working knowledge of remedial actions, technologies, and processes commonly employed at sites of environmental contamination for soil, subsurface soil, vapor intrusion, soil gas, groundwater, surface water, and sediment.
- Strong writing skills for preparation and completion of technical reports with minimal oversight, senior QC of reports prepared by others, and the ability to direct and mentor mid- and junior-level staff during the interpretation of data and preparation of technical reports.
- PFOS/PFOA experience desired.
- Ability to prepare complex written technical reports (e.g., Remedial Investigation Reports).
- Organization, critical interpretative analysis, written communication, and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project.
- Must be able to work constructively in diverse teams including engineers, scientists, technicians, and non-technical personnel.
- Must be able to work outdoors all year and travel up to 25% of the time, including out of state overnights.
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-Hr refresher preferred.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position unless an accommodation for medical or religious reasons are approved.
- CTI is a Drug-Free Workplace - Must pass pre-hire drug screen.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Must be able to physically navigate construction sites.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
CTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Veterans Welcome!
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability."