Reporting to the Corovan Southern California Manager of Sales, this position is responsible for outside sales activities in order to increase revenue through sales of commercial moving and storage services (see Service Lines below), and by generating new customers, and additional business from existing customers. The Account Executive II will be expected to continually increase profitable revenue in the Corovan core business of local office moving, specifically in the Southern California region with an emphasis on new business development in the assigned market.
Account Executive II Service Lines are:
* Office and Industrial Moving, with a specific emphasis on repetitive office and industrial moving business and large project moves in assigned market.
* Warehousing, with a specific emphasis on repetitive accounts with revenue opportunities in warehouse labor and storage at Corovan facilities.
* Logistics, with a specific emphasis on serving accounts that have one-time and repetitive long distance office and/or industrial relocations, or electronic and other high value product transportation needs outside of the Corovan service areas.
As an individual contributor on the sales team for Corovan, the Account Executive II will partner with the Operations team to help provide the best outcome for our customers' experiences with Corovan, from the sales process to job completion. It is expected that this position will participate in, assess, and continually improve all aspects of growing revenue in each Service Line, including estimating and pricing jobs, managing sales activities (including ongoing prospecting), manage and align customer expectations with Corovan Operations abilities and realities, perform project management activities when necessary, and assist with collection services when necessary. An integral part of a successful outcome is partnering with all departments for an end goal of customer satisfaction resulting in company success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Personal Sales Activities:
Conduct sales activities which includes cold calling to generate new business and for acquiring additional business with existing customers.
* Strategically partner with all internal departments to ensure customer success, which includes, but not limited to, scope of work, change orders, communications from customer, collections, billing issues and concerns.
* Partner with the Operations team to meet with customers to explain operations, security and processes for transportation and warehouse.
* Compile competitive information and formulate competitive strategies and programs designed to grow revenue.
* Oversee Trade Show activities, e.g., booth set up, booth assignments, organize appointment schedule, booth break down, and show follow up.
* Make in-person or virtual calls on key accounts, and perform other client relationship improvement activities on a consistent and relevant basis.
* Interact with customers in person and via telephone, fax and email to ensure complete customer satisfaction in all matters related to the operation.
Training and Development:
Become proficient on the company's chosen Contact Management Software (CMS), and then utilize the software program daily to manage the sales process and efficiently generate new business.
* May be required to participate in Six Sigma projects.
* Continuously promote compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
* Committed to diversity, respectful workplace, developing employees and leadership. By example and actions, this position promotes fair and exemplary people practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS AND PROSPECTING FOR NEW SALES-ability to analyze current businesses, find new prospects, develop relationships with prospects, identify possible needs, and build proposals that get accepted by the new businesses.
* PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING SKILLS - Organization skills, attention to details, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment.
* MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply good business judgement to complex customer situations. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations well; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds promptly to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
* COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS - Ability to communicate effectively to customers and coworkers. Focuses on solving conflict; listens to others and seeks to understand; keeps calm and professional; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
* TEAMWORK - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* INDUSTRY EXPERTISE - Must be familiar with procedures in moving, including all the steps in a customer pre-move meeting, post destination signage and communicate all standard move and install protocol to the customers and crews. Must be familiar with the O&I (Office & Industrial) move process.
* CONTRACT DEVELOPMENT - Able to outline key variables in a contract and propose solutions for customers. Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive material.
* SYSTEM KNOWLEDGE -Strong PC skills including intermediate proficiency in project management software, Microsoft Excel; and Microsoft PowerPoint.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent of education and experience preferred.
4. Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel and PowerPoint.
5. Valid California driver's license and driving record that meets the company's insurance carrier's requirements.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
1. This is a full-time salaried plus commissioned position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week.
2. Employees might be required to work evenings or weekends depending on the business needs.
60% travel throughout assigned geographical area to meet with customers and walk customer sites.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT: The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS: This job description has been approved by all levels of management. Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.