Effectively develop marketing strategies and product pricing to expand new and existing customer relationships through a specialization in deposits, public funds and treasury management banking services and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and develop marketing strategies for cash management products, as well as marketing plans for current year goals.
- Research competitor's products; analyze strategies to recommend advantageous marketing position.
- Assist in the development of departmental strategies, tactics and objectives.
- In direct partnership with cash management services, work with external vendors to evaluate current and future product offerings and service deliveries
- Enhance existing customer relationships through the introduction of new services/products that improve customer satisfaction. Identify and develop prospects for deposit and treasury management services into new relationships.
- Serve as primary contact for deposit and treasury management services with a significant number of customers with moderately complex needs.
- Collaborate with retail and commercial lines of business to schedule and attend joint calls on new prospects for deposit and treasury management services. this may include maintenance, upgrading, and problem resolution as it relates to treasury management issues with customers.
- Identify appropriate deposit and treasury management products and services for customers and prospects; coordinate set-up and implementation.
- Perform account analysis to review cost of services for potential customers and analyze and make recommendations and adjustments for existing customers.
- Manage income production and loss prevention.
- Provide functional assistance and training to partners as it relates to treasury management products and services.
- Conduct annual relationship reviews to ensure proper pricing is realized, and appropriate cross-sell opportunities are identified.
- Actively call on clients and source prospects through a proactive outreach.
- Review account analysis statements for pricing proposals and request for proposals (RFP) requests.
- Generally 20% or less travel required.
Education - Bachelor's degree in management, finance, accounting, marketing, or related field of study.
Experience - Five (5) or more years of treasury management, business development, and direct treasury management sales experience.
Other - Must have a valid driver's license.
Master's Degree in management, finance, accounting, marketing, or related field.
Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) or the ability and willingness to obtain certification within first 24 months of employment.
Bachelors of Business Administration (preferred)
Five (5) or more years of treasury management, business development, and direct treasury management sales experience. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).