Position Title: Provider Relations Representative
Reports To: Director of Business Development
External sales, marketing and referral development activities geared toward specific market segments including, but not limited to; Medical Groups, Independent Practice Associations, Hospitals, Private Physicians, Mental Health Professionals, Insurance companies and other target markets as deemed appropriate by Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. (TTC). Includes representing TTC at various trade shows and conferences. The primary focus for this position will be on Private Insurance and Private Pay business. This is primarily a field-based position that will require local travel in an assigned territory.
- 8 per Day/ 5 Days per Week
- Local Travel Expectation: 70%
CATEGORIES OF DUTIES
- Develop new and maintain existing referral relationships with physicians, hospitals, social workers, case managers, administrators, and community-based organizations while focused on TTC's target market.
- Represent TTC and maintain the highest standards of professionalism and customer service.
- Coordinate with hospital staff to manage referrals to TTC while providing education about facility admissions criteria, insurances accepted, and resolving any barriers in the access to care of our patients.
- Plan and conduct in-service meetings that will highlight the features and benefits of TTC programs and services while also providing education about our admissions process
- Represent TTC at networking and community events throughout an assigned territory.
- Tracking referrals through coordinating efforts with the Assessment & Referral & Utilization Review Departments resulting from sales and marketing activities.
- Attend assigned agency committee and supervision meetings.
- Participate in the design and development of marketing materials including brochures, flyers, newsletters, other agency related information.
- Complete written Daily Activity Reports (DARs) and submit on a timely basis.
- Attend community meetings as designated by TTC and assist the TTC Business Development Director and Business Development Committee with sales, marketing, customer service and other business development activities.
- Enter marketing contacts information and data in TTC's customer relations management software.
- Other duties as assigned by Director
The minimum requirements for the position are BA/BS degree in Marketing or another healthcare related field or high school graduate with at least 2 years healthcare or marketing experience. Experience in a psychiatric facility or facility with a substance use disorder (SUD)/mental health focus preferred. Experience with private insurance and managed behavioral healthcare companies. Previous filed based experience a must. A self-starter with excellent time management, critical thinking, and great interpersonal skills. Must have a California driver's license as travel is required. Must be able to multitask and be familiar with MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. (TTC) is a non-profit corporation, which provides behavioral healthcare services.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. does not discriminate as to race, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation and disability in its hiring practices.
Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. supports the American with Disabilities Act. Discrimination is prohibited in all aspects of employment against disabled persons, who, with reasonable accommodations, can perform the essential functions of a job.
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (12)
- Paid Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Competitive wages
- Stability and career advancement
- Continuing Education Opportunities
Tarzana Treatment Centers administers its personnel policies and conducts its employment practices in a manner that treats each employee and applicant for employment on the basis of merit and experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.