Execute on individual and team sales and service metrics to help the banking center achieve the strategic and tactical goals of the company. Responsible for providing high quality customer service by accurately completing bank transactions and opening deposit accounts and processing loan applications while identifying and recommending products and services to meet the current and future financial needs of bank Clients. Deliver upon a meaningful customer service experience while exceeding personal production goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality customer service on a wide variety of general banking matters within the banking center. Some banking centers are designed to be a fluid, open space where employees are not at their desk or teller pod for long periods of time. Banking Centers are a fast-paced environment that requires ability to multi-task.
- Balance cash, daily transactions, TCR, vault, ATM, etc. as needed. Perform lobby management responsibilities.
- Be highly responsive to client requests of everyday monetary transactions, i.e. process deposits, loan payments, cash checks, night deposits, change orders, cashier's checks and money orders.
- Assess client's financial position to identify additional relationship opportunities. This includes acquiring and using in-depth knowledge of products/services of all lines of business at First Merchants.
- Process non-monetary requests for clients i.e. approve checks for cashing; accept and process stop payment orders, order debit cards, complete address changes and process check orders.
- Resolve client inquiries, problems and complaints with scope of authority while proactively using service to sales techniques to provide solutions to clients for current financial needs.
- Use feedback from Customer Service surveys to build client loyalty and create client advocates.
- Provide assistance with maintaining client records and accounts.
- Actively participate in leading the sales and service activities at the Banking Center.
- Meet or exceed established individual and team sales goals to help the Banking Center achieve scorecard goals.
- Effectively use the consumer and business guided conversation to assess the client's current and future financial situation to identify and recommend additional products to deepen client relationship.
- Engage clients through teleconsulting activities including but not limited to call blocks and call nights to drive attainment of individual and team sales goals assigned to the Banking Center.
- Fully engage in the sales management process including, but not limited to daily huddles, weekly sales meetings, touch bases and coaching sessions.
- Utilize client relationship management tool (CRM) and other sales tools to record, track and maintain sales records for the incentive plan.
- Train, coach, and guide staff with operational and sales skills.
- Recognize and solicit new business opportunities; sell all bank products and services; make client calls as required.
- Open new accounts and process loan applications for new and existing clients.
- Utilize digital tools to provide education and help clients enroll in electronic banking products and services during account opening.
- Be knowledgeable of all bank products and support the whole bank by making partner referrals as appropriate for merchant services, treasury management, mortgages and investments.
- Complete all new account onboarding calls and activities in a timely fashion.
- Assist in banking center operations and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist the banking center manager with general administration and operational aspects of the banking center including items such as audits and branch balancing to ensure efficiency.
- Assist associates with problem resolutions and procedure inquiries.
- Adhere to and participate in completing the branch daily security checklist.
- Monitor and resolve deposit and loan exceptions in a timely fashion.
- Comply with information security and client and business verification policies and procedures.
- Attend and/or complete applicable and required training sessions.
- Understand and ensure compliance for regulations and reporting, including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), OFAC, CIP, EDD, etc.
- High performing CRR's may serve as a Banking Center Mentor.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - Over one (1) year of banking, sales, or related experience. At least six months of experience selling products or services.
Travel - Extensive travel required, must have the ability to travel daily to banking centers within assigned region.
Valid driver's license and transportation.
License - This position requires S.A.F.E Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements within three (3) months of hire.
Other - Ability to obtain Notary Public designation.
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
In-depth knowledge of products/services offered by the bank (all lines of business).
Ability to stand for long periods of time and move freely about the office.
Ability to lift files, open file cabinets, bending, and stooping.
Ability to ambulate fingers to utilize office equipment such as a computer, phone, printer, etc.
Prior banking experience.
Ability to sell and cross-sell bank products and services
Extensive travel required, must have the ability to travel daily to banking centers within assigned region. Valid driver's license and transportation.
Over one (1) year of banking, sales, or related experience. At least six months of experience selling products or services. (required)