Stanley Consultants is a consulting engineering firm recognized in the engineering industry for our commitment to client service and our passion to make a difference. With a focus on transportation, energy, water, and the environment; we bring global knowledge, a century of experience, and multi-disciplinary capabilities to serve our private and public clients.
Stanley Consultants is looking to expand its Tampa based Construction, Engineering, Inspection (CEI) team with the addition of a qualified CEI Contract Support Specialist (Resident Project Representative). This position will perform a variety of assignments requiring application of Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and Federal CEI project requirements, processes, procedures, and the application of FDOT and Federal standards and specifications. Work is performed under the general supervision of the CEI Project Administrator.
Essential duties include:
- Prepares monthly progress and final estimate packages
- Controls project documentation
- Inputs and reviews MAC [a FDOT system]
- Tracks shop drawings and submittals
- Supports construction and consultant contract administration
- Prepares supplemental agreements and work orders
- Assists with construction claims analysis and critical path method (CPM) schedule review
- Prepares Final estimates
- Assists with the preparation of engineer's estimate for claim negotiation purposes
- Ensures contractor compliance with Federal Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) requirements
- Ensures compliance with Local Agency Program (LAP) requirements
- Exercises independent judgment in planning work details and making technical decisions related to the office aspects of the project
- Receives general instructions regarding assignments and exercises initiative and independent judgment
- Prepares project reports as needed
- Attends construction meetings with client and contractors
- Performs other duties as assigned
Background requirements include:
- High school graduate or equivalent plus four (4) years of experience in FDOT roadway and/or bridge construction engineering inspection experience having performed/assisted in FDOT CEI project related duties, or
- Civil Engineering degree and one (1) year of roadway and/or bridge construction experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiar with FDOT systems and procedures; MAC, Hummingbird, ProjectSolve
- Shall become proficient in Trimble Business Center - Heavy Construction Edition (HCE) or approved surface to surface comparison software and Engineering Menu.
- Excellent visualization, communication, and documentation skills.
- Aptitude to act as a positive representative of the Stanley Consultants, Inc. core values and an active participation in an outside professional organization or internal Stanley committees.
- Familiar with FDOT's procedures covering project related duties as stated above and proficient with the computer programs necessary to perform these duties.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS OR ABILITY TO OBTAINED CERTIFICATION WITHIN ONE YEAR:
CTQP Final Estimates Level I & II
- Quality control
- On time, on budget performance
- Client satisfaction
The Contract Support Specialist position requires the ability to work at and easily maneuver around construction sites in various weather conditions. The position will require performing work throughout the State of Florida. Work hours of this position may vary week to week as we are required to work at all times that the general contractor is on-site performing substantial work activities. This position will be required to operate a company vehicle. A mandatory prerequisite to operating a company vehicle is maintaining an acceptable driving record.
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.