At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
Position Title: Data Platform Architect
Role: Data Platform Technical Lead
For a leading and rapidly growing Asset Management firm and in conjunction with the Investment Data Office, the Data Platform Technical Lead contributes to a long-term strategic initiative to unify and harmonize our investment data. This initiative enables enhanced investment decision making, risk management and client reporting for our multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients.
Are you a hands-on, and execution focused leader working on the cutting edge of cloud, data and analytics? Are you a leader who enjoys implementing innovative and flexible data platforms to meet emerging business needs? Are you experienced and interested in building high performance technology team?
MFS Data Harmonization team is actively searching for a Data Platform Technical Lead to lead scrum teams to implement cloud-native investment data platform. We are looking for someone who thrives in an agile, collaborative, team-based environment, working closely with technology peers across MFS, investments professionals and key vendor partners. This position offers the opportunity to shape the future of investment data at MFS.
- Design, develop, and implement investment data platform for the Investment Data Management Office(IDMO) within MFS's technology organization.
- Lead and participate in all development activities, working with globally diverse, cross-functional teams to design, develop and implement solutions to meet emerging business requirements.
- Lead the delivery of high-quality business solutions, including participating in architecture, design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Work with business, investment data management, and technology teams to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design, prototype and code new software components to investment data platform based on vision and strategy established by investment data management leadership team.
- Upgrade and integrate vendor products with the investment data platform to implement data engineering, data maintenance and data delivery capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in design, development and building data oriented complex applications. Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA) required.
- Deep understanding of Agile SDLC, DevOps and Cloud technologies required, in addition to exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments.
- Experience in data integration, data warehouse, and data analytics architecture and design principles. Knowledge of and experience with Snowflake and other cloud native databases is highly preferred.
- Experience with leading a team of software developers including managing daily tasks, resolving blocking issues, estimating effort and capacity for the team.
- Knowledge about various architectures, patterns such as unified data management architecture (UDM), data mesh architecture, event-driven architecture, real-time data flows, non-relational repositories, data virtualization, etc.
- Experience with building solutions in the financial services domain with an understanding of financial instruments, transactions, and positions, is desired.
- A strong influencer who can integrate effectively into the organization, combining facilitation skills with a results orientation to deliver excellence and execution.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external constituencies.
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.