Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Does building well-crafted product experiences at scale excite you? What about working on a design system that spans hundreds of products, virtually all platforms, and a very broad set of audiences? Adobe's design system team (Spectrum) is looking for an experienced system-minded designer to help us build the next generation of creative software for all. Like many design systems, Spectrum's mission is to bridge design and engineering and enable excellence at scale. However, the unique nature of Adobe's broad ecosystem presents a unique opportunity in the design system space that you won't find elsewhere. You'll be working on the cutting edge of enterprise design systems, designing not only the system, but the very tools we use to build and maintain it.What you'll do
As a key design member on the Spectrum team, your work and voice will have a far-reaching impact on many end-users' experiences. You'll need to:
What you'll bring to the team
- Apply human-centric design and design system expertise to create future-forward ideas, designs, guidelines, and more to Spectrum's ecosystem.
- Apply expertise in multiple platforms' standards and good practices (iOS, iPadOS, Android, macOS, Windows, etc.) to improve Spectrum and make each experience the most intuitive, efficient, and rewarding experience possible.
- Apply knowledge of Accessibility's standards and good practices (WCAG standards, etc.) to keep Spectrum a world leader in Accessibility and continue enabling creativity for all.
- Work closely with the rest of the Spectrum team to create internal tools and reimagine the design system authoring and managing experience.
- Work with framework engineering teams to understand design's requirements and bridge the gap between design and engineering.
- Support and collaborate with product teams across Adobe to guide Spectrum's evolution and help craft exceptional experiences at scale.
- Passion for design and a 5+ year track record of relevant design experience
- Experience with design systems and strong system-level thinking
- Passion for art, creativity, and empowering people to create
- Empathy and curiosity around the work of creative professionals
- A highly collaborative nature and proven ability to lead design strategy and execution
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills
- Openness and ability to act on design feedback in a rapid iterative design process
- Solid understanding of Accessibility standards and good practices
- Experience designing for multiple platforms
How to apply
- Design mentorship or educational experience.
- Prior experience crafting products for designers, artists, or other creatives (imaging, video, audio, 3D, AR/VR, etc.)
- Familiarity with engineering libraries and ecosystems (CSS, React, Web Components, iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows)
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio. Include examples of work you feel demonstrates you have the skills needed to succeed.About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplifies the world's ability to create and communicate. We're a worldwide team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe's three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.