Section 1: Position Summary
The Workforce Forecasting & Planning Analyst is responsible for ensuring strategic goals are met through forecast modeling, capacity planning, collaboration, and effective communication, while ensuring forecast alignment with strategic goals. This position is responsible for long term, short term and intraday contact volume, productivity and capacity forecasts and providing leadership and Directors with risk mitigation plans. This position will act as a support tool for the leadership team, assisting with and providing guidance on performance impact analysis and operational planning. In addition, budget preparation/input and reporting assignments are an expectation of this position.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create long term budget forecast, mid-range, short term, and intraday forecasting.
- Support business decisions through the preparation of timely and accurate variable forecasts in a high-volume contact center(s), with specific focus on improving the customer experience and maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Validate confidence of established influences/drivers (factors determining forecasts) and leverage advanced statistical methodologies (correlation, regression, etc.).
- Create a meaningful interpretation of data through use of tools, industry experience and logic to frame situations and allow meaningful dialogue and decision making.
- Aggregate forecast information into a comprehensive document to be published with senior leadership for headcount, budget, and capacity planning purposes.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve staffing levels and efficiency.
- Researches and analyzes diversified data to draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluates and implements new methods and techniques for operational improvement.
- Leads projects to continually improve processes by identifying, sharing, implementing the best practices within and across sites. Act as team leader of various projects and participates on teams implementing new improvement processes.
- Analyzes data using web tools and other Company software and prepares recommendations and reports to drive high-impact process improvement efforts.
- Articulate reasons for forecast variance and recommend changes to enhance forecast accuracy and effectiveness.
- Study department work, vacation, and absence records (shrinkage) for on-going historical trend analysis and offer recommendations for forecasting purposes.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Responsible for call volume monitoring and forecast adjusting by day by interval.
- Works with site leaders to ensure adequate staff, contingency plans and workflow monitoring.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers in accordance with the company's policies, procedures, guidelines, and common practices.
- Interface with call center leaders to understand the fast-changing business needs and make updates where necessary.
- Stay current on internal policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with peers and those we support in the business to ensure high quality and timely completion of work requests.
- Update workforce management and other data bases as changes occur.
- Works with the Workforce Manager along with operations for forecast sign of
- Respond to management requests to produce "what if" scenarios
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Track and Forecast:
- Create long term, interim (intra-day) and short term forecasts derived from understood business drivers.
- Maintain and analyze records of actual volumes compared to forecast.
- Maintain staffing and headcount records and develop hiring plans for long/ short range planning.
- Maintain detailed records of call/skill set statistics and call arrival patterns to maximize forecasting accuracy capability, ensuring cost effective labor utilization.
- Accurately track actual Customer Service Center output at the process and activity level as needed for productivity analysis and resource forecasting.
- Prepare daily reports and facilitate planning calls.
- Prepare monthly rolling plans for client meetings, facilitate meetings.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- 5 - 7 years of Business Intelligence experience (required).
- 5 -7 years of Data Analytics experience (required).
- 5 - 7 years of Capacity Planning or Staffing Models experience (required).
- Ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets with advanced formula application and database software (Advanced Excel) experience (required).
- Minimum 5 years experience forecasting in a call center environment (required).
- Minimum 5 years experience in advanced trend analysis and ability interpret data to provide recommendations to drive key business decisions (required).
- 2+ years of forecasting/advanced analytical role within a large volume, enterprise-level call center (required).
- Strong analysis skills, understanding complex formulas, data transformations, and record keys from multiple sources (required).
- 4+ years of Workforce Management experience in a call center environment is required.i.e. real-time analysis, scheduling, staffing optimization, etc.
- 2+ years of experience utilizing IEX i.e. forecasting call volume, scheduling, etc.
- Ability to create and manipulate data modeling and relational database structures for Workforce Management forecasting.
- Ability to work with Business Intelligence databases and pull data from various sources.
- Requires resolving problems related to unexpected statistical anomalies and changing service level objectives by interpreting established methods and referring to past situations.
- Responds to customers' needs by producing reports and resource plans with factual information and based on specified requirements.
- Contacts with others in the company are required to explain, clarify and discuss the results of monitoring and performance feedback. Requires dealing tactfully in difficult situations and exchanging complex information to ensure an understanding of the issues.
- Involves a similar level of concentrated, intense levels of mental and sensory attention to monitor the operations and to produce reports and resource plans.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Good written communication skills.
- Self-starter and independent. Team oriented and results driven.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated complex problems solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Preferred experience in project management.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity-housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws ("Protected Status").