Section 1: Position Summary
The Chapter Lead position is a senior-level role responsible for managing and leading a team of Product Owners & Business Analysts across multiple product lines. The Chapter Lead will partner with business stakeholders (internal and external) and ensure delivery of the firm's highest priorities. This role is an integral part of the Product leadership, partnering with technology leads and Scrum Masters to support delivery teams.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Partner with the Product Leadership team on product strategy and vision and provide input to the Product Owners
- Provide feedback to the Product Owner on the content and prioritization of the product backlog.
- Identify issues such as scalability, performance, security, etc. within the Ascensus Health portfolio and elevate to Sr. Leadership
- Partners with key business stakeholders from various channels to ensure knowledge of requests and relative priority
- Promotes ongoing customer engagement via various methods including monthly release readouts
- Participates in overall agile organizational assessment and advocates for alignment between Ascensus business units
- Supports Ascensus I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always. These should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture
- Partners with colleagues to support overall "inspect and adapt" philosophy across the delivery engine
- Motivate, provide direction, support and mentoring to the Product Owners and Business Analysts.
- Screen candidates for potential employment and make final hiring decisions and or recommendations for the department
- Use decision making skills to work through difficult situations in conjunction with partners and other functional units across the organization.
- Provide mentorship and career development advice and guidance to Team-members. This mentorship should include both technical mentorships, as well as soft-skills and other aspects of being effective and successful in a development organization.
- Support the continuous dialogue process for each chapter member.
- Provide management of staff in a matrix environment
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required
- A minimum of 12 years of business experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- A minimum of 5 years Agile/Scrum processes and best practices preferred
- A minimum of 5 years management experience of associates
- Experience with web-based applications and interface conventions
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, and Excel, as well as working with industry-standard and agile measurement tools: e.g. TFS, Aha!, Confluence
- Familiarity with financial systems is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to translate technical terms into business terms as well as with written documentation
- Must be detail-oriented and analytical
- Must possess the drive to solve problems and improve inefficient processes; lead the team to think of creative/innovative solutions
- Proven ability to quickly grasp information and independently produce results
- Demonstrated success in facilitating / leading meetings with internal stakeholders and a strong need to influence
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity-housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws ("Protected Status").