Position Title: Program Coordinator
Department: Case Management Long Beach
Reports To: Program Director
Responsible for overall day-to-day supervision of assigned staff and the shift-to-shift or day to day operations of program or unit. This includes oversight of patient activities and staff responsibilities as they relate to patient functions. Implement the treatment philosophy of Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. (TTC).
8 per day / 5 Days per Week
CATAGORIES OF DUTIES
- Responsible for supervision of staff as assigned by Director. Depending on the nature or type of department, office, program or unit, this may include; counselors, case managers, health educator/outreach workers, intake specialists, technicians, dietary, maintenance, housekeeping or front office staff.
- Responsible for insuring staff and patient safety through oversight of physical plant maintenance functions
- Performs and/or oversees regular chart audits, record keeping and other reporting and documentation functions as assigned to ensure that all records are maintained in accordance with all applicable TTC policies, procedures, and external regulations and standards to include but not limited to the Joint Commission, State, County, City sources.
- Completes or participates in the development and submission of various reporting requirements as assigned. Such reporting may include Continuous Quality Assurance reports, various performance improvement reports, data reports of various types, prevention, repair and other maintenance reports to include fire life safety and other environment of care reporting.
- Actively seeks to expand network of referral resources through regular networking and outreach activities as assigned.
- Attends in-service training and educational workshops.
- Attends all required staff meetings.
- Cooperates and communicates fully with other staff members and supervisors regarding patient and/or staff behavior, progress, activities, as appropriate.
- Conducts self in a professional manner in areas of dress, language, attitude and behavior. At all times is a role model for other staff and patients
- Exhibits full knowledge and support of the philosophy and objectives of the Agency.
- Fully understands and maintains policies regarding professional ethics, including appropriate boundaries and patient confidentiality.
- As appropriate properly documents in the medical record any rendered services.
- Participation in medical record and other report and record reviews as assigned.
- Utilization review activities, as required.
- Knowledge of current legal standards pertaining to professional practice, reporting requirements (i.e., suspected abuse; Tarasoff), professional boundaries and related issues.
- Conducts or participates in performance evaluations of interns and other staff, as required.
- Attending clinical and administrative committee meetings, as requested.
- Participating in community events, presentations, meetings, and outreach on behalf of TTC.
- Additional functions as specifically requested by the Program Director and/or Administrator.
1. Day to Day Patient Operations including but not limited to:
- Patient flow/movement
- Oversee patient placement including room assignment as applicable
- Oversee and monitor activities and schedules of assigned staff.
- New patient orientation
- UA testing oversight and reporting
- Supervise urinalysis and search training as applicable to program/unit.
- Identification of AMA risks
- Enforcement of rules and approval of consequences
- Cleanliness of the Environment- Unit Inspections
- Crisis Management/visibility on the Floor
- Certain items above may apply outside of various TTC programs in such places like patient reception, dining, outdoor areas etc.
2. Staff Supervision
- Orientation of new employees
- Taking outcome of chart/record audits back to those on each shift to manage compliance.
- Chart and other record audits with others on Management team
- Ongoing supervision of documentation compliance in medical records.
- Support to staff
- Assisting Director with discipline
- Assisting Director with hiring activities
- Scheduling staff coverage, time-off requests, etc.
- Active participation in agency-wide committees as assigned.
- Attends all required staff meetings.
- Attends in service training and educational workshops.
- Attends weekly management meetings with Program Director
- Support the management team and to act as an agent of the organization in all situations- utilize management team meetings as a forum to resolve differences.
- Provide staffing and provide crisis management, as needed.
- Work closely with staff to monitor adherence to organizational philosophy goals and objectives.
- Minimum High school diploma/GED. Completion of higher education (Bachelors, Masters degree, etc.) may be required depending on contractual obligations. Counselor registration or certification is required if providing SUD services.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience preferably in a healthcare setting.
Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. is a non-profit corporation, which provides behavioral healthcare services, including chemical dependency.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. does not discriminate as to race, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation and disability in its hiring practices.
Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. supports the American with Disabilities Act. Discrimination is prohibited in all aspects of employment against disabled persons, who, with reasonable accommodations, can perform the essential functions of a job.
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (12)
- Paid Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Competitive wages
- Stability and career advancement
- Continuing Education Opportunities
Tarzana Treatment Centers administers its personnel policies and conducts its employment practices in a manner that treats each employee and applicant for employment on the basis of merit and experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.