California Applicants, please click to review the CCPA notice.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is looking for creative, diverse, and energetic people to help us live the island life! Tommy Bahama has grown to include both men's and women's apparel, home and beach goods, and a thriving restaurant and bar business. Everything that bears the Tommy Bahama name is created with an unwavering eye towards quality. More than ever, our focus is on taking our guests someplace great - through exceptional service, upscale products, and delicious food and drinks. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, e-commerce and technology experts, manufacturing and operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. We would love to have you share your talents with us!
SET THE COURSE
To collaborate with and support the Women's Print Textile Designer. To design and develop unique, distinctive print and pattern for Women's Sportswear apparel that is consistent with the seasonal direction.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Assist the Print Designer in all aspects to meet deadlines.
- Communicate daily with cross functional partners as well as overseas with Tommy Bahama Global Sourcing and other agents.
- Create and update colorway swatches in Flex PLM
- Set up all artwork numbers in PLM and prepare Hand Off documents for the Art Department under direction of the designer and following templates.
- Set up seasonal Development Cards and make corrections to dev cards throughout the season.
- Review all strike offs for color against standards, layout and overall print technique, enter all color comments in Smart Sheet document. Respond to all cross function strike off emails.
- Set up seasonal print chart using Smart Sheet, adding and dropping prints as season develops, keeping all colorway and fabric changes up to date.
- Assist with all seasonal print and pattern coloration under direction of Print Designer and V.P.
- Set up workroom with all cads and art in proper colorways, deliveries, and fabric programs for meetings and update as changes are made.
- Maintain strike off organization and racks by delivery and by season and move old season strike offs to storage.
- Assist in preparation and organization of all prints to pass to Materials Team for Print Send.
- Assist with all art and fabric that is planned to arrive; print pictures of purchased art from vendors and track when headers arrive.
- Act as point person for all print and pattern related questions from the Design team and the Art Department.
- Assist with presentation at milestone meetings and detailed note taking.
- Keep all materials in order and organize the racks pre and post meetings
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- Fashion Degree in Fashion Design or related preferred
- Generally 1+ years women's design experience
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator and Photoshop print creation, Ned Graphics and recoloring
- Fluency in Excel, knowledge of SmartSheet is a plus.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) - follow up and follow through
- Highly detail oriented
- Experience with the print and apparel design process from concept to product
- Good color sense
- Knowledge of Asian Markets
- Self-starter and creative thinker
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in . Right to Work Statement in and .