Provide administrative support to either the Private Banking team or the Wealth Management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specialization will be in one of the following areas of expertise:
- Wealth Management Support
- Provide administrative support for assigned Wealth Advisors, Wealth Managers, Retirement Plan Advisors, and/or Portfolio Managers, in the administration of accounts within the limits of authority.
- Provide advanced client service for PWA clients on routine requests and inquiries both written and oral.
- Prepare memos, reports, documents, letters and other correspondences for officers and administrators as requested.
- Submit requests to buy/sell cash when directed by the advisor, as associated with daily cash sheet maintenance.
- Complete gifting requests, deposits/withdrawal, check requests and wire transfers; transfer funds upon client request.
- Accurately complete PWA account request form (check requests, asset transfers, account changes, etc.).
- Complete and process necessary paperwork and system procedures for opening, maintaining, and closing accounts.
- Research and assemble data and reports for advisors for complex inquiries.
- Balance accounts and post entries for accounts on PWA software.
- Create presentation materials utilizing Power Point and Adobe DC.
- Use Excel for tracking and to calculate figures for special reporting.
- Open, screen, and deliver incoming mail.
- Private Banking Support
- Provide administrative support for assigned Private Bankers in the administration of accounts within the limits of authority.
- Ensure all credit applications/requests are supported with appropriate information and meet the standard requirements as defined in the bank's policies and processes.
- Assist the Private Bankers to ensure compliance with Regulation B.
- Maintain appropriate working knowledge of all Private Wealth bank deposit products and services.
- Responsible for coordination, opening, and closing of deposit accounts and related services.
- Assist the Private Banker(s) with marketing and presentation materials and coordinate, as necessary, with other internal partners including Private Wealth Advisors, Commercial Banking and Consumer Banking.
- Facilitate and Monitor the Private Banking commercial and consumer loans in process using the various software programs.
- Monitor and manage upcoming maturities, delinquent accounts, loan portfolio and deposit account exceptions and exception tracking, loan and deposit reporting requirements, etc.
- Complete requests from clients which may include account inquiries, fund transfers, deposits/withdrawals, wire transfers, etc.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - More than two (2) years of related administrative experience.
Other - Customer service experience, Excel, and Power Point
Private Wealth experience.
Salesforce and/or Adobe DC experience.
High School (required)
Over two (2) years of related administrative experience. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).