Under the general direction of the Senior Accounting Manager and the Accounting Manager for the Americas, the Senior Accountant performs a variety of accounting activities and assists with special accounting projects related to the Americas region. This includes monthly GL close process, preparing & recording journal entries across shared services functions, reconciliations, analytical research, SAP general ledger activities and utilizing in-depth technical knowledge specific to helicopters along with knowledge of the Company's financial reporting tools (Hyperion) and general ledger package (SAP) to gather information for internal reporting, audit preparation and supporting forecasting measures. Strong analytical skills are a must. Role may also include various Special Projects which requires communication and collaboration with other teams and or team members.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and key journal entries for US entities including but not limited to:
Prepaids and accruals
Re-classing of general ledger accounts and code parts
Intercompany, cross company entries
Cash activity across entities
- Prepare and reconcile cash account monthly entries and related bank reconciliations
- Prepare other monthly balance sheet reconciliations, as requested
- Complete the monthly close of the general ledger for US companies and ensure compliance with the company's overall accounting policies and procedures ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Assist in the performance of SOX controls critical to the close process to ensure compliance with the company's accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare account analysis and reconciliations for US entities / Americas companies
- Assist with analytical explanations of monthly, quarterly and budget results
- Support team with special projects and workflow process improvements, as requested
- College Degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years General Ledger Accounting Experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- Working knowledge of SAP and Hyperion preferred or other large ERP system experience.
- Strong general ledger and analytical skills including extensive pivot table preparation.
- General familiarity with aviation industry a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Exercises judgement and initiative in interpreting policy and guidelines on financial matters.
- Good team player; willingness to assist/ cover other team members as required and have an approachable attitude.
- Adopts a proactive approach to managing work with high standard of customer delivery.
- Excellent motivational skills. Engages other team members in resolving complex, controversial or sensitive issues.
- Understands the need for integrity.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate, summarize, and present information clearly to audiences with different backgrounds and at different levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work as part of a small team.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze problems and use problem solving ability to ensure solutions are determined.
- Foresees potential conflict situations and takes proactive steps to avoid and/or resolve them.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Highly collaborative, works with all stakeholders to deliver results and keep others informed.
- Ability to manage priorities and focus on the key issues.
Bristow Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Bristow Group will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic.