VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Eligible for a $3,000 Sign On Bonus $1,500 after completion of 30 days with CEI and $1,500 upon completion of 180 days with CEI
This position is a producing, Master-level technician who provides direction, leadership and technical expertise to all other shop personnel with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction in a cost-effective manner. This position is primarily responsible for directing work activities of other employees to meet production and quality goals established by management and is responsible for leading all shop activities in the absence of the Manager or Supervisor.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies. Perform light and major repairs. Perform advanced vehicle diagnostics. Will have direct interaction with customers and display exceptional interpersonal skills while driving service center's performance with the highest integrity and trust.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment. (cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
- Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance to safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
- Create and maintains vehicle history and maintenance records. May up-fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
- Performs more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, design, and fabrication.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs. May perform roadside assistance as needed.
- Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
- Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
- Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. A Lead Technician will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions, steering/suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions testing, maintenance services, HVAC, major engine and hydraulics
- Has medium/heavy truck experience, booms/hydraulics, electrical, any complex repairs, design and fabrication.
- Skilled on diesel and transmission repairs.
- Will possess advanced knowledge and advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve complex repairs.
- Master level Technicians must be skilled and able to work on multiple applications, from Light-Duty to Class A-Heavy Trucks, Mechanical Equipment, Machinery, Passenger Vehicles, and more.
- Shop responsibilities may include scheduling repairs and maintenance, maintaining parts and supply inventories and assisting Area Manager in maintaining relationships with local vendors, dealers and sublet repair facilities for compliance with our processes and policies.
- Will maintain all shop tools to ensure they are current in service, repair and relative. Will be able to identify the shop tool needs and communicate with leadership.
- Is responsible for supervising shop productivity, providing work direction, and identifying priorities to a small staff of Technicians. May assist Area Manager in other duties including but not limited to: training compliance for shop personnel, monitoring and obtaining HR compliance with PTO, PVO holidays, time cards.
- Will ensure all SOP's are implemented at the shop to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Must be a self-starter, open minded and have the ability to deal with change and lead a team to overcome obstacles in a constructive and positive manner.
- All other duties as assigned related to normal business of a mechanical repair facility.
- Contribute to maintaining shop morale through appropriate distribution of work and by providing technical expertise and effective guidance and coaching to other shop employees. Act as primary assistant to manager or supervisor in assigning and directing the work of shop employees.
- Perform quality control checks on all work; notify immediate supervisor of exceptional or unsatisfactory work, employee-related problems or other factors hindering work accomplishment.
- Orient, train and instruct new and current employees regarding job functions/tasks expected of them, when needed.
- Assist with inventory management and ensure that all shop equipment, supplies and tools are in good, clean working order at all times.
- Report theft, damage, or any/all safety concerns to management.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence. Lead responsibility for safety, compliance with OSHA, EPA and all local codes in conjunction with shop manager.
- Work with manager to review work volumes, plan, and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics to develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of automotive service and repair experience; minimum of 1 year of customer service experience with prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or be able to attain Master Level ASE certification within 18 months of employment.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (tools, equipment).
- Transmission experience preferred.
- Diesel experience preferred.
- Master level techs must be versed to work on multiple application from Light-Duty to Class A-Heavy Trucks, Mechanical Equipment, Machinery, Passenger Vehicles, and more.
- Requires extensive training and certification accompanied with a preferred 5-10 years of hands-on diesel repair experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements for medium and heavy truck applications.
- Must be able to obtain Class A or B Operator's License if required.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit strong leadership, communication, and customer service skills.
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.