Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Job DescriptionThe Operations Engineer is responsible for monitoring the day to day production rate, quality, and environmental compliance in the HPC Unit. He/She is also the liaison between Technology Resources and Operations for all new product trials and new process design/improvement projects.Essential Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Provide support for unit safety, environmental, quality, and cost goals.
- Provides technical support and solutions for production.
- Day to day monitoring and optimization of production quality, rates, and yields.
- Uses multiple tools available to troubleshoot complex issues in the unit. These tools may include process data, engineering calculations, or basic statistics.
- Develops and implement safety, environmental and quality improvement projects.
- Leads start-up and commissioning efforts, as assigned, on larger projects.
- Initiates improvement projects focused on safety, environmental, quality, cost improvement, or productivity.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a chemical manufacturing plantas an Operations or Process Engineer.
- Solid academic background and work history.
- Practical knowledge concerning design and operation of common process equipment such as pumps, blowers, heat exchangers, piping, etc.
- Desire to work in an operating unit on a day to day issues and identify / solve long term problems.
- Proven record of working with operators, maintenance technicians, etc.
- Basic instrumentation knowledge (e.g. level, flow, pressure, etc.).
- Batch operations experience.
- Experience in start-up and commissioning of new equipment.
- Basic process control knowledge - loop tuning.
- Basic knowledge of Distributed Control Systems.
- Direct manufacturing experience.
- Experience in advanced statistical software for SPC such as Minitab or Northwest Analytics.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled