When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
As an Architect of Private 4G/5G Networks and Applications, you will keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. You will analyze technical trade-offs in product development with engineers and make recommendations to executives. You will help manage fast-changing business priorities and interface with stakeholders up to Senior Vice Presidents. The candidate will play a key role in developing next-generation private networks and working with vendors in instantiating next-generation AR/VR/Robotics/CV/etc. applications. You will be responsible for participating in industry forums, identifying opportunities, bringing in disruptive suppliers, and driving the progress of various initiatives that will impact how consumers and enterprises use Private Networks. You will also responsible for technology analysis, proofs of concept, trialing disruptive and innovative solutions, and bringing the solutions to production.
- Leading Verizon in building next-generation Private Networks and next-generation applications that sit on top of Private Networks.
- Responsible for designing building next gen private networks that will support innovative and disruptive enterprise applications. The next gen architecture will deliver demanding ultra-low latency, massive connections and high throughput performance requirements to meet enterprise customer's requirements.
- Conducting proofs of concept in the lab, and trials at customer sites.
- Developing more than three years technology strategy, roadmap, and planning on private networks.
- Candidate will develop excellent working relationships with HQ, Network Implementation, Operations, Maintenance Engineering, System Performance, and Engineering.
- Participating and leading private network related industry standard meetings and forums, assessing start-up companies, and proposing private network architecture for Verizon.
- Candidate will also need to partner with internal organizations, translate product requirements to private network technical requirements.
- Negotiating and managing emerging private network technology partners statements of work, technical development and relationships.
- Independently manage complex technical projects, including but not limited to leading open source MEC industry standard meeting and forums, assessing start-up companies, and partnering with internal organizations to finalize private MEC architecture.
- Act as one of the SMEs for Private networks, Collaborate closely with other DMTS, Fellows, Associate Fellows and train other members of the team.
What we're looking for...
You should possess cloud design principles pertaining to Hardware/Softwarestacks and cloud data center architecture, wireless 4G and 5G Core knowledge, and network design engineering background. You should also be comfortable working with hardware components and design, as well as software development lifecycles.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing including virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks.
Even better if you have:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer or Communications Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Five or more years of experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible).
- More than five years of experience in research or commercial product development, higher layers of technology stack and software focus.
- Extremely strong and very diverse technology experience, spanning most layers of the stack, from "Silicon to Device" to "Cloud to User" interface.
- Background in more than one of the following technologies such as AR/VR, Autonomous Driving, V2X, 5G, Immersive Media, Robotics, UAV, Security.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project and portfolio management experience.
- Rapid learner and go-getter who thrives in a dynamic environment and works with a sense of urgency.
- Experience in external open innovation and startup world.
- Past track record as an entrepreneur is highly valued.
- Strategic thinker with data mining and analysis skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).