SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at.
Serves as a team member in the Broadcast Network Operations Center which monitors the entire signal path of the Sirius XM on-air product, including 150+ channels, Howard Stern Video, Unified Video Data and Data Services backup. The Broadcast NOC also functions as the first point of contact call center for personnel involved in each segment of the broadcast product, handling hundreds of daily phone calls, pre-show check-in/test, identifying issues, determining severity, initiating the escalation process, and trouble ticketing/reporting. This position requires multi-tasked operation and monitoring of systems unique to Sirius XM, including NASCAR driver channels, sports transmission systems, various inbound receiver systems, broadcast routers, broadcast automation systems, multiplexers, and satellite uplink antennae.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors all channels for audio presence and program display text (Channels of music, sports and talk) and anticipates, prevents (to the extent possible), and assists with the restoration of outages.
- Monitors and routes all backhaul provider feeds.
- Monitors and controls the satellite uplink antennae facility as backup to DC NOC.
- Monitors and Controls Rear Seat Video feeds and transmission as backup to DC NOC.
- Generates service outage trouble tickets, communicating issues with responsible parties and following through to closure of the trouble ticket; involves actively coordinating activities between various ops groups and support parties.
- As the first point of contact, answers a high volume of incoming phone calls related to every segment of the broadcast functioning in a help desk capacity.
- Generates work orders in response to studio and remote broadcast help desk calls.
- Responsible for determining severity of issues and escalating in accordance to guidelines, requiring an understanding of the functionality and signal flow between all broadcast systems.
- Authors operational reports which can include summaries of daily and weekend activities.
- Perform minor, routine maintenance on servers including uplink facility servers, automation systems and routers.
- Ensures that network operation control procedures are performed in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Broadcast Technology, Electrical Engineering or related course of study, military training or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of technical experience in radio broadcast or network broadcasting operations.
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As required by ITAR, to perform this position you must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Must be able to work all shifts required in a 24/7 operation in a high pressure environment.
- General proficiency and working knowledge in several areas of NOC operations.
- Handles semi-routine maintenance and troubleshooting duties.
- Recognizes deviation from practices/policies and confirms senior staff on appropriate courses of action.
- Receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Work is frequently reviewed for accuracy.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Familiarity with broadcast program automation, preferably Prophet, Zetta Systems and DAL.
- Master Control experience preferable.
- Able to route audio through multiple systems, understanding routing logic and Codecs.
- Basic understanding of IT and client / server applications.
- ISDN and IPCodec troubleshooting experience preferable.
More details about our company benefits can be found!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.