About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Audio Video Post- Production Editor (NARA I)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking an Audio Video Post- Production Editor in Washington, DC. This position will edit AV productions for final release.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for final editing of audio-visual taping sessions for conferences and other special events/distributions.
- Three years' experience of editing audio-visual recording events.
- Specific knowledge is required of computers, overhead projectors, high definition camera operations, audio and video recording, set up of microphones and lights, digital audio boards, and other multimedia equipment.
- Must have a working knowledge of non-linear editing systems, film projection, broadcasting and studio production operations, live event recording including microphones, webcasting, streaming, and video teleconferencing.
- Daily contact with Government employees, contractors, researchers, visitors, and other public officials and must possess outstanding customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a two-year College degree in an audiovisual field, technical certification in several different areas of AV and/or five years of audiovisual experience from a reputable company.
- Have working knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and materials used in the general operations, and maintenance of audiovisual equipment.
- Have specific knowledge of computers, overhead projectors, audio and video recording, and other multimedia equipment during live events and lecture room set up.
- Have specific knowledge of high definition camera operations as well as microphone set up, digital audio board operation, and basic lighting.
- Have an operational knowledge of non-linear editing systems, video-conferencing equipment, film projection and broadcasting and studio production operations, live event recording, webcasting, high definition streaming, and video teleconferencing.
- Personnel in this position make repairs and installations from ladders, scaffolding, and platforms and works with systems and equipment in hard to reach places. Consequently, personnel are required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and work in tight and uncomfortable positions. They will frequently lift, carry, and set-up equipment weighing up to 20 pounds. Occasionally, personnel may lift and carry items that weigh over 50 pounds. The work is performed indoors and outdoors.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled