This position is responsible for the field sales of Cognex's Vision Solutions. This is a sales role for a defined territory and/or set of end users, partners, and automation machine builders (OEM's). While the primary focus is on creating vision system opportunities, the Account Sales Engineer (ASE) is also responsible for ensuring that the entire sensor portfolio of product is sold vertically in strategic accounts with their partner Sensor Sales Engineer (sharing the same territory). The ASE will work closely with the District Sales Manager to develop account strategies and tactics. The ASE will be responsible for meeting or exceeding a defined quota at assigned or newly found accounts and expanding our base of business. The employee will embody the core values of Cognex including: Work Hard, Play Hard, and Move Fast. Additional tasks will be assigned as needed by the manager.
1. Properly forecast and close vision solutions opportunities with End Users, Partners, and OEMs to reach the quota goal
2. Utilize the Cognex sales process to effectively demonstrate products to customers and winning large strategic opportunities.
3. Follows up on sales leads and schedules customer visits, seeking out large opportunities
4. Work with the Sensor Sales Engineer to insure that all Cognex products are sold into strategic accounts.
5. Effectively conduct 40+ customer visits on a monthly basis
6. Collaborate with counterparts from other territories on opportunities that are either integrated or installed in a different territory or where the decision makers don't reside in the Account Manager's territory.
7. Follow up on customer inquiries, understand system requirements, and differentiate the Cognex solution.
8. Assists at trade shows and other marketing events.
9. Coordinate evaluations utilizing the Applications Engineering team.
10. Maintain and continuously update project information in SalesBook.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proven track record of sales performance in the automation or similar industry.
2. Proven track record of operating in a solutions sales environment.
3. Uses defined sales process to deliver desired results on a consistent basis
4. PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Windows applications
5. Ability to work independently is required
Minimum education and work experience required:
1. Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
2. Proven sales experience and a good track record for exceeding sales targets is required
3. Experience in selling technical products to all levels of an organization is preferred
4. Experience in selling vision products is also preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cognex is an equal opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.