Supply Chain - Production Scheduler I (Direct Hire Career Opportunity)
Fantastic opportunity for recent supply chain graduates!! Extremely successful Employee Owned Manufacturer in Waukesha (who is in process of building and moving into a brand new facility in Brookfield, WI due to their exponential growth) has an immediate entry level opportunity on their Supply Chain team!!
Great work environment, opportunity to start your supply chain career with a great mentor, competitive compensation and outstanding benefits package including employee stock option plan (ESOP) along with and long term growth opportunity!
- Plan and schedule stock and custom production orders in support of ongoing customer demand.
- Confirm materials supply is available to meet demand. Prepare work orders production or coordinate purchase of components or parts to support master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements.
- Publish production plans/schedules. Revise production schedule as necessary when material shortages or capacity issues cannot be resolved to meet schedule. Report significant deviations and recommend alternative plans to management when necessary to achieve goals.
- Act as the primary sales/order entry contact for matters regarding production status, schedule changes, shipping information, and returned material. Adjust the production schedule in response to customer feedback/requirements and manufacturing capacity.
- Maintain discrete jobs by entering data into Epicor ERP system. Release, prepare and distribute production order packets to the various work cells and ensure clear priorities are provided to work cell team.
- Advise management on the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure customer orders are on-time, accurate and complete.
- Plan equipment and material availability for build schedule and update plan on monthly sales plan objectives.
- Analyze inventory usage, scrap, and waste, and identify and quantify potential problems and causes that would impact the ability to achieve objectives.
- Establish & maintain standard service level days (Lead times) and quantities for our products in Epicor ERP system and effectively communicate the information to the sales team to ensure items are accurately provided to customers to meet delivery expectations.
- Coordinate cross-functional activities to ensure a smooth flow of materials through the production process.