The C&S Companies' Internship Program is designed to engage college students in the practical application of a major technical study and to familiarize them with the interactions and requirements of the A/E industry. Internships are designed to introduce and build essential hands-on skills that differ from those attained in the academic arena, and help to enhance the transition from student to professional. Interns are assigned duties that will provide a broad, well-rounded learning experience within their chosen discipline. Internship opportunities are available at most C&S locations.
* Perform, under close supervision, routine aspects of civil engineering, requiring knowledge and application of principles learned in course of study.
* May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform tasks.
* Collect and prepare data for evaluation.
* Assist in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations.
* Provide support to staff members as needed.
Minimum Education & Experience Required
Must have completed sophomore year of Bachelor's degree program in Civil Engineering.
* Strong desire to pursue a career in civil engineering.
* Solid analytical, conceptual, and problem solving skills.
* Resourceful and self-motivated.
* Solid organizational skills with a focus on details.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
* Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
* Previous internship experience and/or involvement as an active member of related professional student association a plus.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
WHO WE ARE: C&S Companies, operating for more than 50 years, is a national planning, design and construction firm with nearly 500 employees and growing. C&S Companies delivers critical infrastructure design, planning and construction services in aviation, civil/site infrastructure, construction and program management, construction/design-build, energy, environmental, facilities, architecture, planning, sustainability and transportation.
Our headquarters is in Syracuse, NY with offices in New York State, California, Arizona, Ohio, Michigan, Florida and Pennsylvania.
At C&S Companies, we believe work environment, culture, and the opportunity to learn and grow are key elements when considering a new job. We are just the right size to provide the resources and support you need without the burdensome bureaucracy of a large corporate environment. To that end, we foster a family-friendly and supportive workplace; collaborative and employee-focused with an emphasis on quality, integrity, trust fun and accountability.
C&S complies with federal, state, and local rules and regulations pertaining to COVID. Applicants who are hired may subsequently be required to comply with applicable COVID requirements.