Sr. Program Associate, Content Packaging
DEPARTMENT: Content Operations
CORPORATE AREA: Technology & Operations
MANAGER: Director, Content Packaging & Screening
The Senior Program Associate, Content Packaging is responsible for working with PBS producers to ensure packaging and deliverables meet PBS technical standards and that all corresponding metadata is accurate. This position serves as the primary point of contact to producers for customer service related to technical specifications and billing. They will also traffic all media for unique program versions and manage internal and external re-versioning requests, including edit supervision.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Metadata definition, assembly and verification
- Perform quality control checks of media metadata
- Traffic /assemble all program versions
- Producer Customer Service
- Tracks deliverables
- Respond to producer inquiries regarding PBS delivery specs prior to submission of media and media metadata
- Providing quotes for post-production work and responding to producer inquiries regarding invoices
- Work with the Finance Team to ensure accuracy of all charges billed to producers
- Review all QC results generated by Media Operations Center technicians and determine the appropriate disposition and billing treatment
- Support Media Operations Center in responding to questions from producers regarding services provided by Content Packaging
- Support Programming Repacks
- Manage internal and external re-versioning requests, including edit supervision and Broadview record creation.
Requirements for success:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years' experience in broadcast traffic and operations, production, or post-production
- Experience coordinating supervised and non-supervised edit sessions
- Experience with broadcast traffic software, Broadview preferred
- Knowledge of PBS content helpful
- Attention to detail
- Strong proofreading/editing skills
- Organizational skills
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Ability to juggle several projects and work within tight deadlines.
- Diplomacy skills
- Issue resolution
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.