PURPOSE: To provide the best possible service to guests while performing all the required functions to safely operate mechanical and non-mechanical rides and attractions. Help create and support our company Culture of Make Someone Happy today by being Friendly, Responsible and Enthusiastic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Operate a variety of mechanical and non-mechanical rides and attractions.
- Able to communicate with guest efficiently during any stressful and/or challenging situations.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of guests on the rides.
- Properly enforce all height and rider safety requirements.
- Ensure that all guests are properly restrained prior to the start of the ride cycle.
- Monitor the safety of the guests inside and outside of the ride during the entire ride cycle.
- Using the microphone to voice over instructions or concerns.
- Provide polite greeting and parting remarks.
- Ensure the overall safety of guests while on the ride as well as in the ride area.
- Scan guest's point passes and wristbands.
- Enforce chaperone and rider safety policies.
- Guest greet while ride is closed or slow.
- Oversee the cleanliness of the ride area by sweeping floors, wiping down the ride and emptying trash containers.
- May perform the function of a custodian cleaning for Nickelodeon Universe, Rides or Food Courts.
- May provide support in other work areas as needed (including but not limited to areas of cross training).
- Sweeping/cleaning the Park or the rides (extended time).
- Pulled to another area/department (if cross trained).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Cash handling for Ropes Course team members.
- Regular, reliable and consistent attendance
- Additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Previous guest service experience preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and safety minded.
- Must be observant.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform repetitive motion - Frequently
- Stand and move - Frequently
- Reach at or below shoulder level - Frequently
- Reach at or above shoulder level - Occasionally
- Kneel and bend - Frequently
- Stoop/Squat - Frequently
- Lifting/carry supplies up to 10 pounds - Occasionally
- Lift/Carry supplies up to 30 lbs - Infrequently
- Handle larger items such as boxes or packages - Infrequently
*Mall of America® is an EEO employer: women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.