The Agile Coach will be responsible for coaching teams from various backgrounds to adopt Agile practices. This role will be responsible for developing tailored coaching plans and embedding within the teams, helping them achieve value out of Agile practices and provide guidance where needed and according to the plan.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with project teams to analyze current systems and processes and design a strategy for the adoption of agile best practices.
- Guide teams to help them stay on track with agile techniques, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure the overall strategy is being met.
- Lead agile workshops for both development and functional teams, as well as key stakeholders.
- Promote and advocate a culture of continuous improvement, setting goals and milestones and being accountable for them.
- Extend related Agile concepts to the organization including Value Stream Identification, Product Centricity, Organizational Change Management and Lean Portfolio Management.
- Drive cultural change by championing an agile mindset and ensure the organization is at the forefront of industry best practices.
- Facilitate learning and development through individual and team coaching.
- Facilitate agile process knowledge to all team members at the outset of the initiative.
- Identify and diagnose agile process issues and work with the teams to remediate.
- Coach senior management in agile practices to ensure adoption of best practices from top-down as well as navigating the cultural and mindset changes inherent in Agile frameworks.
- Effectively communicate agile principles, scrum practices and overall operating model across the organization.
- Mentor Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Development Team members as advocates of agile concepts, focusing on the delivery of value.
- Facilitate and coordinate adoption of Agile practices within concepts of Value Streams, Products, Organizational Change Management and Portfolio planning.
- Champion the use of metrics and other objective measures across teams.
- Keep an objective perspective on issues and troubleshoot by applying agile principles.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information technology, or related field, required.
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise projects and programs, with a focus either on application delivery or project management, required.
- 3-5+ years of experience as an Agile Coach in an environment that scaled work across multiple teams, required.
- Experience in coaching teams using Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Scrum at Scale, Disciplined Agile Delivery, Kanban, or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Can showcase examples of implementing agile techniques in different cultures and environments.
- Experience running agile projects of varying size and complexity.
- Strong leader, educator, and coach.
- An excellent communicator and motivator.
- Scrum Master Certification (optional).