Pelletier Builders is a contractor with a broad range of experience in design/build, general contracting, and construction management that can self-perform in all market sectors. Our in-house capabilities include: site work, concrete, carpentry, and select finish trades.
We are searching for a knowledgeable and experienced Senior Estimator to add to our team in Connecticut. Pelletier Builders* goal is to hire individuals with a passion for construction to help us grow as a company, and in turn, offer opportunities for personal growth within the company.
- Responsible for bid administration and preparing full estimates on complex work.
- Attends pre-bid meetings and walk-throughs.
- Maintains subcontractor and vendor contact lists and vendor relationships.
- Responsible for direction of support staff.
- Prepares subcontractor bid packages and specific scopes of work.
- Coordinates and interfaces with owners, engineers, subconsultants, project managers and other project team members to resolve any technical matters during planning and development, negotiation and contract execution.
- Efficiently perform all stages of an estimate including: project selection, estimate organization, take-off, pricing, review and closeout.
- Prepares, analyzes and maintains accurate quantities, thorough take offs, and detailed scopes of work from design documents.
- Estimates time, materials, and equipment required for project completion.
- Reviews, documents, and evaluates subcontractor change requests.
- Prepares, prices, and assists in document owner change requests.
- Prepares scope clarifications and qualifications to ensure inclusions and exclusions are clear
- Maintain estimating log, historical pricing, results, etc.
- Works with project management and sales team to evaluate new opportunities.
- Works with project management and sales team to prepare proposals, detailed narratives and associated pricing (conceptual, detailed, competitive, etc.).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in commercial construction * new construction, renovations, interior work, etc.
- Experience in Pre-Engineered Metal Building construction.
- Design-Build Experience.
- Experience in project value range of $1-$20 million.
Pelletier Builders is a subsidiary of Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc., an employee-owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and the District of Columbia. We are an integrated service provider with a strong commitment to building our team with the right people. The right people are those that share our core values. You will learn and work with some of the best and most experienced professionals in the industry. You will see how our company*s core values are instilled in every project and employee.
EEO/AAP Statement Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc., subsidiaries and affiliates are An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.