SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current opening below and at .
We are seeking a highly motivated attorney to join the Sirius XM/Pandora legal department to assist and advise on legal issues relating to measurement, advertising, marketing, monetization, data, and other commercial transactional matters. The right person for this position must be a team player with highly collaborative interpersonal skills. This individual will take pride in personal excellence, display a high level of energy and possess a proven ability to thrive in an environment with frequently shifting priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including agreements with measurement providers, and in-bound and out-bound data agreements, with advertisers, marketers, data providers and other vendors.
- Effectively negotiate, amend, and provide guidance on data agreements and provisions contained in advertising, marketing and commercial agreements.
- 5+ years of direct data and commercial law experience required, 3 years of in-house experience preferred.
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- Must be licensed and in good standing to practice law in the United States.
- Direct experience advising internal stakeholders on a wide range of commercial and data use matters.
- Experience advising on privacy and data security law and compliance efforts.
- In-depth knowledge of ad-tech and measurement ecosystems and their privacy and data use implications.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of complex commercial and technology agreements including agreements for measurement providers and in-bound and out-bound data use.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with digital technology, advertising, measurement, monetization, and commercial law matters.
- Desire and ability to work on a wide variety of matters, including those outside of subject-matter expertise.
- Experience at technology companies is preferred.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or other relevant certifications a plus.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Ability to make decisions and pivot quickly and fluidly, thinking practically and be solution-oriented.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Microsoft Office, document comparison applications, document management systems and communication and collaboration applications.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Collaboration Tools: Google Suite, Slack.
More details about our company benefits can be found !
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.