Naval Nuclear Laboratory -> Knolls Laboratory Site -> Knolls Facilities and Infrastructure
Niskayuna - Niskayuna, NY 12309 US (Primary)
High School or equivalent
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking a highly motivated Instrument Mechanic to join our Knolls Facilities and Infrastructure team in Niskayuna, NY! Do you have experience in electrical mechanical instrumentation? Are you looking to work for a company that provides its employees with excellent pay and benefits as well as job stability? If so, you're in luck!
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Install, remove, service, troubleshoot and calibrate all types of instruments, electronic devices, pressure gauges, etc.
- Construct, install, remove, dispose, repair, and modify equipment as necessary to support continued Laboratory operations
- Assume responsibility for completion on non-routine assignments from supervisors, technical personnel, etc.
- Maintain necessary qualifications to perform required work
Apply today to become a part of a 60 year legacy dedicated to supporting the mission of the US Navy!
High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience or certification of electrical mechanical instrumentation
- Demonstrated experience in metrology and calibration
- Ability to work effectively alone and within a team environment
- Highly motivated, self starter and critical thinker
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is operated for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) by Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP), a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation. Naval Nuclear Laboratory personnel are FMP employees who work at four DOE facilities: Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory, Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory, Kenneth A. Kesselring Site, and Naval Reactors Facility, and at the U.S. Department of Defense-owned Nuclear Power Training Unit-Charleston. FMP employees also have an established presence at numerous shipyards and vendor locations. For nearly 70 years, the Naval Nuclear Laboratory has developed advanced nuclear propulsion technology, provided technical support, and trained world-class nuclear operators to ensure the safe and reliable operation of our nation's submarine and aircraft carrier Fleets. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is a national asset solely dedicated to the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. We rely on the dedication and innovation of our nearly 8000 engineers, scientists, technicians, and support personnel.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
All employees of Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP), operating as Naval Nuclear Laboratory, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation as a condition of employment.
Fluor Marine Propulsion is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Veterans/Disabilities) Committed to Workplace Diversity