Work Location: Wright Patterson AFB, OH; REMOTE, TELE-WORK
The Cape Fox family is looking for an Epidemiologist to join our growing team in support of a Government customer at Wright Patterson AFB, OH. The ideal candidate provides support to the711th Human Performance Wing (711 HPW), headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- Provide subject matter expertise to the process of usefully labelling medical records for statistical and modelling processes.
- Assist in the development of labelling methods based upon their subject matter expertise, allowing for the automation or semi-automation of the labelling process.
- Produce validated and reliable medical record labels for Air Force Recruitment Service induction medical records, such labels providing as much medically and operationally relevant information regarding the medical status of the patient involved as possible.
- Assist in the development of credible, theoretically driven statistical models exploring the relationship between the medical record labels discussed in Paragraph 1.2.3 and Air Force relevant outcomes
- Perform under guidance validation and verification protocols, to ensure that the products of study are performing as expected, and assist in performing corrections, in the event of models failing to perform to standard.
- Assist in the drafting of written communication for internal and external purposes.
- Participate as an expert in health statistics in interdisciplinary planning and analysis.
- Acquire data access permissions necessary to perform stated tasks.
- Demonstrate or acquire familiarity with Air Force medical records systems and standards.
- Demonstrate or acquire familiarity with all relevant data repositories used as part of work, or which are generated in pursuit of work.
- Collect data from various databases, pursuant to agreements with database owners.
- Establish the relationship of available data to existing data sets, map the data between data elements and code for these specific data elements, establish data storage architecture requirements, and create a comprehensive data dictionary.
- Provide conference support assistance by active participation in professional conferences, preparation of posters and presentations, and publication of peer-reviewed manuscripts, in order to support distribution of study product.
- Brief study findings at appropriate meetings or forums, as determined by the Government.
- Provide technical automation support for all versions of MS Windows, Microsoft Office (e.g., MS Access, MS Excel, MS Publisher), MS SQL, and Adobe.
- Provide data creation and administration in support of model development, analysis, and publication.
- Document products for the actual computer code used in order for government personnel to access these files for review, approval, or for generating copies as required. All requirements shall be prepared in accordance withUSAFSAM programming standards and standard commercial practices inclusive of any/all procedures implanted as part of this task.
- Assist in briefings and production of documents as appropriate to transfer knowledge of study products to customers in the AFRS and Air Force at large.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241