Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
IT-OT Technician/Analyst supports PIMS (Process Information Management Systems), LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems), and Analytics systems from an IT-OT Infrastructure standpoint.
Included in this scope is the integration of IT-OT Systems. This role also assists in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the IT-OT networks and systems throughout these areas.
The role must be able to effectively troubleshoot problems, identify solutions, and perform routine administration on both the infrastructure and at the application levels.Knowledge and Experience
Purpose of the Function
- At least five years of experience in IT and OT system administration, development, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, installing/uninstalling applications, and the various components associated with PIMS, LIMS, and Analytics applications.
- Experience in usage and maintenance (management and administration) of PIMS and LIMS systems. Experience with Historians and LIMS systems is preferred.
- Good understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices. Good understanding of network structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills to communicate with clients, support personnel, and management Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work off-shift or weekends as required.
The PIMS I LIMS System Administrator is the application manager for our Process Information Management System (PIMS) and our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- daily technical maintenance for PIMS and LIMS infrastructure/applications
- primary contact for PIMS/LIMS related problems, questions, and enhancements.
- Responsible for compliance to the corporate IT/OT security policies and standards
- Assist with maintaining system designs and asset inventories of the IT/OT compute environment to include the DMZs, Process Control Networks and Laboratory Networks.
- Supporting the administration of a virtual environment to include Virtual Machines, Hypervisors, and the associated hardware.
- Responsible for maintaining architecture and dataflow diagrams for systems in multiple networks.
- Coordinate the database systems monthly maintenance.
- Coordinate and assist with executing backup and recovery strategies following Industry best practices.
- Provide technical maintenance of the systems.
- Maintain site specific client software installation procedures for PIMS and LIMS related applications. Work with Local and Corporate IT to support deployment and rollout of those procedures on a day-to-day base. Ensure compliance to Corporate Policies and Procedures pertaining to these tasks.
- Follow the methodology and process for change control, application support, and escalation.
- Ability to create and maintain clearly written technical, user, and system documentation.
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of Engineering Workstations (EWS)
- Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining Anti-Virus (AV) solution within the compute environment.
- Responsible for managing LIMS to PIMS interfaces.
- Responsible for managing local historian to enterprise historian interface.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance, and support of Analytic software suite.
- Responsible for compliance with the corporate OS patching policy within the compute environment.
- Assist with troubleshooting and maintenance of the site historian system
- The IT/OT System Analyst actively participates in IT projects effecting these systems. This role must work closely with upper management and researchers to juggle tasks and priorities.
- This individual must be flexible about dynamically shuffling priorities to accommodate a very rapidly changing research environment.
- Participate I Collaborate with local and global projects related to IT infrastructure, PIMS and LIMS.
- Take part in discussions with researchers to understand their software and compute needs.
- Investigate, test, and roll out of solutions.
- Documentation and ensure proper licensing management I registration.
- This role will require effective communication both orally and through written reports and memos.It will require regular communication and must maintain a positive working relationship with other groups, the end users, and senior management.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled