A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don't take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work"
Looking for an Industrial Piping Senior Designer for Charlotte
The Industrial Piping Senior Designer provides mechanical piping designs, equipment layouts, and related contract documents in accordance with company design standards and client requirements. Provides technical supervision to design team members assigned to the same projects and discipline. Assists in the development of all of the drawings and sketches required to complete a project design in this discipline. Communicates design issues and problems with the project manager, lead engineer, and the client's representatives as needed.
- Processes drawings received from the architect into models that can be used by the design team
- Coordinates initial project set up and continuously ensures the team has the current model through communication with the architect
- Prepares electronically generated or manual drawings with accuracy, neatness, and speed, maintaining high quality, using industry software and uniform standards
- Develops design approaches and concepts on assigned projects in coordination with the project engineer
- Implements design requirements as related by design team
- Performs system design layout and piping design on assigned projects
- Assists in the studies, load calculation, and selection of equipment to fit the project design
- Anticipates problems and potential conflicts and provides recommended solutions to team members
- Responsible for coordinating the design with other disciplines and attends design coordination meetings with team members and the client's representatives
- Communicates design requirements and answers questions from contractors and suppliers during the bid or construction phases and maintains records of communications with clients, contractors, vendors, and team members
- Reviews shop drawings, records changes, and keeps all disciplines informed of details and schedules
- Coordinates the contract documents with the construction administrators and performs on-site inspections during construction as required; may serve as a Construction Administrator as needed
- Supervises field data collections and/or field system verifications, including travel to the site
- Identifies issues with designs and communicates issues with senior designers and engineers as they arise
- Attends project update meetings with both clients and team members
- Assists the design team in the coordination with external and internal contacts such as owners, architects, and other disciplines
- Performs collision changes in Navisworks as collisions are identified by the design team
- Visually reviews plans for defects in design work
- Assists in the development of man-hour budgets and performs tasks in accordance with the budget by accurately quantifying the amount of effort needed to complete tasks
- Communicates with team members, project manager, other disciplines, and outside vendors to obtain necessary information on drawings
- Assists the design team in the process of putting a set of drawings into an organized package
- Maintains a continued focus on keeping up with code requirements, design software, and other industry trendsMaintains a continued focus on keeping up with code requirements, design software, and other industry trends
- Assists in the training and mentoring of team members
- May assist or supervise in data collection and/or field verification
- May hold project manager responsibilities on some projects; tasks include establishing project scope with the client, scheduling work, maintaining communication with the client, attending meetings, overseeing profitability, implementing a QA/QC plan, and performing job close out processes
- May collaborate with a team of designers and engineers on the standardization of design practices and procedures, QA/QC, and current issues facing the design group
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements :
- Technical degree with six years of applicable experience OR eight years of practical design experience
- Three years of experience with large scope projects
- Experience in performing system or project designs with only general technical supervision from engineering staff
- Capable of reading and interpreting plans from other disciplines (i.e., architectural, structural, civil, plumbing, electrical, mechanical)
- A demonstrated ability to perform system or mechanical piping design
- Knowledge of AutoCAD (Plant 3D), Revit, Navisworks, and discipline specific engineering software (i.e. HASS, Caesar II and AutoPipe)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of construction terminology
- Knowledge of basic math
- Knowledge of industrial piping design specifications and standards
- General knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: SSR is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate, their resume, or profile to an SSR employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position via HR