Ensure assigned applications work reliably for the business and are kept current (release levels) per the vendor requirements; maintain, troubleshoot, and support systems on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the assigned application(s) and system(s) are reliable and work as expected.
- Administer and monitor application-level security (add and delete users, etc.) including, but not limited to password reset processes and other associated items.
- Perform system maintenance duties, including ensure the application is kept current with vendor releases, patches and other requirements.
- Maintain disaster recovery plans and models.
- Ensure all application changes follow a standard process, while keeping exceptions to a minimum and only with special approval.
- Ensure the system is operating at the highest efficiency level possible; document and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Manage the operational vendor relationship.
- Ensure system backups and restores are occurring as planned and are reliable.
- Coordinate application user groups with clients as deemed necessary or required.
- Provide backup assistance for other staff within the department.
- Assist in project planning and management.
- Work with management to design and craft new strategies and implement best practices.
- Coordinate upgrades and plan independently with other departments, while working with change management to determine if all needs are met.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - A minimum of one (1) year of information technology or banking experience.
Associate or Bachelor degree
Exposure to and understanding of bank structure/operations (general flow of business)
Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Visio
High School (required)
A minimum of one (1) year of information technology or banking experience. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).