SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at .
We are seeking an individual with expertise, experience and deep passion for Country music to manage the programming and curation of Country music destinations on Pandora. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who understands the culture of Country music and its varied subgenres and niches. The ideal candidate brings experience in digital radio or streaming to the role with strong relationships in the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the production and programming of all key Country music destinations on Pandora.
- Collaborate with science, engineering and product teams on Country music destinations that require algorithmic guidance and personalization.
- Review and evaluate incoming music from artists, creators and label partners.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Design, Analytics, Product and Engineering teams to drive key initiatives and the week-to-week business.
- Establish and monitor metrics to evaluate the performance of Country music listening on Pandora, and outside of Pandora
- Provide programming expertise as needed for bespoke initiatives with key artists and creators.
- Represent and advocate for programs and initiatives internally, and promote key initiatives externally that grow our presence and relevance in Country Music.
- Provide general support for Curators & Librarians at Pandora with acquisition, meta-data, and subject matter expertise as needed.
- The Director, Country Programmer will have one direct report and may be required to manage contractors as needed.
- 10+ years relevant experience curating or programming Country music for radio, or a digital music service
- Deep knowledge of Country music history and culture.
- Passion and knowledge for both the mainstream and underground in Country, and everything in between
- Comprehensive understanding of Music programming, music production, distribution and promotion
- Ability to listen and evaluate musical content objectively, without personal bias
- Ability to design and use metrics to inform programming strategies, including data driven metrics, and qualitative information
- Deep relationships with artists, managers and record labels in the Country music genre.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a history of producing high quality audio or video content
- Knowledge of music composition, music theory, and musicology preferred
- BA or BS in relevant area preferred
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and success in content and programming.
- Ability to define, develop and utilize data-driven metrics and qualitative information.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact, manage, and work with staff at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and creative writing ability.
- Great public speaking and presentation skills to audiences of all types (conferences, the CEO and other C-suite executives, leadership offsites, full company and department meetings).
- BA or BS in relevant area preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Tableau
- Familiar with collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom
- Microsoft Office
- Google Slides
More details about our company benefits can be found !
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.