Lead Physician Executive
Cerner Government Services is hiring a Lead Physician Executive to join our team!
As a Lead Physician Executive you partner with Cerner client physicians to form longitudinal relationships and holistically impact client physician performance and satisfaction via optimization activities and strategic initiatives. You lead accountability and strategy for clinical relationships within client base and overall health care industry; drive reference-ability of clients, designing strategies that directly impact reference-ability efforts; and lead and influence strategic clinical discussions with clients promoting the alignment and adoption of technology. You also act as an advisor in complex contracting to guide accurate quoting of contractual scope and hours; contribute to the enhancement of solution design and strategy; and are accountable for the leadership of cross-functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to influence and execute clinical vision, objectives, and strategy; drive organizational and internal team initiatives.
- At least 10 years of total combined higher education and related work experience, including:
- At least 2 years of Client relationship management, healthcare information technology (HCIT) consulting and/or other client-facing work experience
- At least 8 years of Higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the duties of the job
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S citizen
- At least 1 year as a licensed clinician or health care work experience
- At least 1 year experience with Cerner's Millennium solutions
- Completion of Residency
- Experience in Medical Informatics
- Experience in clinical leadership roles in healthcare systems or healthcare IT solutions
- Willing to travel up to 90% as needed
- Must reside in an already approved virtual location
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Active registration or license in applicable clinical discipline and has not been censured or forced to relinquish license due to impropriety
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
As of December 8, 2021, as a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with additional client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Job Family Group