Oversee the effective delivery, management and compliance of welfare benefit programs and ensure regulatory requirements are identified and achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the system administration in UKG and communication of benefit programs, includes monitor records of enrollments and change in benefits; reviewing proposed plan amendments and other regulatory-required forms and providing recommendations to management.
2. Assist with researching, analyzing, and evaluating benefit plans and programs. Recommends financially responsible changes in benefits packages, and evaluates the competitive advantage considering the impact in talent acquisition and retention.
3. Manage ACA compliance and conducts regular audits and compliance reviews of benefits packages. Analyze and audit benefit data, extracting essential information from reports.
4. Ensure processes are compliant with rules set forth by regulatory agencies.
5. Participate in the development of communication strategy for welfare benefit changes, open enrollments, COBRA and HIPAA rights; execute on the communication strategy, may involve creating documents, webinars, presentations, email communication, newsletters, etc.
6. Manage MyHR case tickets from employees and retirees on routine matters related to benefits; escalate complicated issues to management. Interprets benefit policies and procedures when employees have questions.
7. Manage benefit plan payroll deductions and adjustments.
8. Participate in mergers and acquisitions to ensure benefits are properly integrated.
9. Plan and coordinate new employee benefit orientation.
10. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with benefit vendors.
11. Assist with the preparation of audit documents for benefit plan external audits; serve as a primary contact for auditor questions, documentation and information.
12. Coordinate the administration and promotion of employee wellness program; monitor and evaluate.
13. Administer workers compensation claims.
14. Analyze and report benefit plan data to senior management.
15. Monitor benefit trends and stay abreast of applicable benefit legislation.
16. Review incoming benefit vendor invoices and prepare vouchers for approval.
17. Assist with retirement plan administration
18. Provide administrative support for the Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Education: High School degree or equivalent (GED).
Experience: Over three (3) years of employee benefits, human resources, or related experience.
Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, accounting or related field
Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation.
Welfare benefits administration experience.