Role and Responsibilities
The Junior System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Administrator/Server Administrator participates in all aspects of design, analysis, implementation and support of systems, software or other solutions to Information Technology and acts as contributing member for all assigned projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in design, planning, installation, and support of operating systems, applications, and services.
- Participate in management of OSD process - building, capturing, and updating Windows 10 images.
- Windows Desktop OS Deployment.
- Maintain endpoint imaging deployment tasks including optimization of deployment/management processes.
- Create and maintain driver packages for supported systems (HP Desktops/Workstations, Laptops, All-in-ones).
- Participate in SCCM Application Publishing for Windows workstations.
- Customize device collections for targeted installation/reporting for Windows desktops.
- Customize software packages/installs for 3rd party applications and Software Updates for Windows desktops.
- Curate and maintain the Software Center application portal.
- Maintain system documentation, inventory management, and provide customized reports.
- Ongoing endpoint management for client Windows workstation, including OS version upgrades and monthly patch roll-outs to all CAE USA supported systems/devices.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client across multiple sites/locations.
- Management of PatchMyPC 3rd party update service.
- Deploy, troubleshoot, and manage Bit locker encryption on Windows workstation devices.
- Liaises with end-users, management and other systems departments.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Perform routine problem analysis and resolution design for systems and applications.
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Maintain reports regarding system downtime, plans for preventative maintenance, and disaster recovery.
- Create and maintain documentation of IT configuration, processes, and procedures
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department management
- Participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Exercises independent judgment in the planning, scheduling, organizing, controlling and monitoring of IT projects
- On-call for production system support
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS degree in computer related curriculum and 3 years network and operating system experience, or AA degree and 4 years experience in network and operating system design, test and maintenance or equivalent related experience
- Solid understanding of Windows Server technologies (2008 R2-2019 preferred)
- Solid understanding of Active Directory administration, DFS, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc)
- Solid understanding of desktop operating system (Windows 10), application, network, and hardware installation and maintenance procedures and techniques
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with Information Assurance programs is a plus
- Must have well refined troubleshooting skills, ability to determine the root cause of a problem and identify and resolve systemic problems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, while effectively focusing on priority issues.
- Ability to create, document, and follow processes and procedures.
- Experience with virtualization (VMware or HyperV) a plus, but not required
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
- Experience with SAN and Backup technologies (Nimble, Cohesity, Veeam, and/or DataDomain)
- Experience with any of the following:
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2013, 2016)/Exchange Online
- Microsoft SQL Server (2008-2016)
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS 7.x-10.x),
- Enterprise Antivirus Management server technologies (TrendMicro, Symantec Enterprise Protection Manager, etc.)
- Experience with system monitoring suites (Solarwinds, WhatsUp Gold, Nagios, etc.)
- Microsoft Certified Professional, VMware Certified Associated, A+
Must complywith all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- Duties performed in an office environment and manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to work overtime, on and off-shifts as required.
- The employee is on call 24x7 for the resolution of problems and issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, in person, in meetings and by telephone.
- Manual dexterity to operate computers or other standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Able to support rack mounted equipment (up to 7 feet off the ground)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.