SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at .
The Senior Validation Engineer primary responsibilities will be to create and monitor the execution of software validation test plans for SiriusXM radio receivers utilizing the IP and Satellite delivery methods, primarily for OEM Applications. The ideal candidate will have a provable track record of designing, implementing, and testing sophisticated software architectures and will have been directly responsible for writing comprehensive software test plans and creating standardized test reports and issue reports. The candidate will need to be a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment and be responsible for training and mentoring new Software Validation engineering personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participation in the development of user interface software specifications.
- Create and maintain comprehensive user interface software validation test plans, to include cases to exercise each user interface feature and function including entry and exit criteria.
- Contribute to the development of automated/semi-automated testing scripts using proprietary tools for formal requirement compliance.
- Perform formal verification and validation of the user interface software at each phase of the product development execute testing platforms related to IP and Satellite content as they relate to partner programs delivered by all SiriusXM content delivery methods.
- Generate standardized software validation test reports and user interface issues lists for communication of status both internally within SiriusXM and to SiriusXM manufacturer partners to support various OEM's.
- Collaborate with SiriusXM manufacturer partners to resolve outstanding software issues during the product development process.
- Provide regular and accurate reports to SiriusXM management and perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job
- BSEE or BSCS with at least three to five (3-5) years of successful, relevant validation and testing experience, preferably in the consumer electronics area of application. Acceptable product areas include:
- Automotive sound manufacturers (radio head units, CD Players, telematics systems, navigation systems, etc.)
- Cellular systems
- IP content delivery
- Satellite receivers
- Bluetooth and / or WIFI products
Requirements and General Skills:
- Professional programming language experience is preferred (C, C++, C#, Java)
- Professional scripting language experience is preferred (Ruby, Perl, Python, Tcl)
- Expertise is sought in the areas below:
- Formal verification and validation of software implementations
- Familiarity of formal software design processes
- Use of the Agile Software development process
- Use of configuration management tools
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the consumer electronics and/or automotive OEM electronics product development process - product planning, prototyping, specifications, testing, quality, documentation, etc. Effective past and current relationships with counterparts among consumer electronics and automotive manufacturers is desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of hardware circuit design knowledge in the areas of power supplies and microprocessors is desired. The candidate should have familiarity with hardware-level debugging tools such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- OEM Automotive electrical and audio systems
- IP delivery methods
- Working, demonstrated project management skills
- Personal computer proficiency is required, including experience and familiarity with project planning, Microsoft Office, and engineering software.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to coordinate multi-organizational structures such as OEM Applications Engineering, Contract Manufacturing and Test Validation Sites.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Source code management systems (Git, Subversion)
- Defect managements systems (Bugzilla, Jira)
- Software development lifecycle process
- Software test tools / Development tools
More details about our company benefits can be found !
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.