The Quality Technician is the first level of a three-level position. This role is responsible for a variety of tasks including performing audits of facilities and processes for compliance and inspect product weights and lengths. This position will work in the plant and lab.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Inspect weights, lengths, and overall quality of product.
• Work directly with the machine operators, informing them when the weights are out of specification.
• Enter information into an excel spreadsheet for internal tracking and auditing.
• Monitor metal detectors and verify that products being removed are defective.
• Communicate issues that are found with the department leads and supervisors.
• Assist with performing SSOP, GMP, HACCP and SQF audits when assigned.
• Complete micro swabbing to reduce contamination risk in departments.
• Calibrate tools and equipment for accuracy when necessary.
• Check thermometer verifications against national standards.
• Complete final packaging reverification for labeling accuracy.
• Monitor and follow USDA guidelines
• Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma
Skills: Must be detail-oriented, able to work independently and have strong communication skills.
Licenses/Certificates: Must obtain HACCP and SQF certification in one-year post hire.
Technology/Equipment: Intermediate experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
Experience and/or Training: A minimum of six months to one year of experience in the food industry or in a related position.
Licenses/Certificates: HACCP certified. SQF certified.
Technology/Equipment: Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and intermittently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while moving product and/or packaging. Specific vision abilities required by this job include far and near vision and the ability to see color. Depth perception is required to move around departments and supplies. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
• 35° – 48° F; Humidity
• Occasional Freezer environment
• Slippery Floors
• Noise Intensity Level: Hearing protection required
Mid-Shift hours: 12:30pm-10:00pm