(Location: Vancouver, Montreal, Orlando, Austin, Los Angeles preferred, but role could be open to other Canadian or US locations for the right candidate.)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing content and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Tools and Technology Team is looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. Our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Cloud Engineer you will be part of a development team for a high-profile project that will help EA as a whole. You will work to provide a cloud native asset library, using a microservices approach on a .NET platform. You will report to the product Development Director, and partner closely with the Technical Lead, as well as the rest of the team designers and engineers.
Day to day you will...
- Partner with the front-end/back-end engineers and UX designers on the team to deliver a best-in-class tool for EA
- Create new services for the asset library, supplementing our existing skillset with your specialized knowledge
- Use your tech stack knowledge to maintain the existing asset library code
- Produce scalable, extendable and robust code, focusing on quality and maintainability
- Actively contribute to the developer community
Bonus if you have:
- 5+ years' experience in Infrastructure Engineering or Integration/System Engineering roles
- Experience in C#, ASP NET
- Experience with AWS, including S3, Cloudfront and Lambda
- Experience with modern relational/document databases
- Experience with API design and an understanding of the importance of strong UX and front-end design
- Experience with Containerization, Kubernetes, Kafka, OAuth, GRPC, Elastic Search, React, Graph Databases (neo4j)
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.