At Gentherm, we say, "It's about the person." We're with you on a cold winter day when you turn on your heated seat and steering wheel or helping manage patient body temperature in the operating room, recovering room or intensive care units. We take a human approach with everything we do.
As the global leader in thermal management technologies we embrace the opportunity to create and deliver extraordinary thermal solutions that make meaningful differences in everyday life. We do this by improving health, wellness, comfort and energy efficiency.
We embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and combine that with our global leadership to deliver results. Working at Gentherm provides you the opportunity to not only shape the future of the automotive and medical industries, but also influence your career throughout the company. You will be engaged, challenged and inspired by our team to deliver leading thermal technologies that positively impact lives around the world.
Advanced Systems Engineer - BPS
IMPACT and OPPORTUNITY
Securing and increasing/consolidating our market share in terms of development, acquisition and distribution of products for Cell Connecting Systems by providing Battery System knowledge. Management and handling of product development projects for electronic and electromechanical components. Technical contact person with regard to electronic and electromechanical components and interfaces.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaboration in product development projects for electronic and electromechanical components as a team member with Battery Systems knowledge and experience.
- Technical contact for customers regarding electronic and electromechanical systems, especially with regard to Battery Systems. Collaboration with suppliers and development partners.
- Gather vehicle system requirements and review with internal/ external stakeholders. Manage and document all electronics related project requirements.
- Develop complete system architecture in coordination with the hardware, software and mechanical design teams.
- Develop system level integration testing plans for requirements verification.
- Perform/support in-vehicle & breadboard activities when required.
- Preparing and attending customer and supplier meetings. Actively drive forward internal and customer negotiations.
- Coordination and verification of Battery Systems specifications for development and customer projects.
- Concept creation for cell connecting systems and end of line testers.
- Ability to understand and test the design and development of our electronic products for all OEMs from a Battery Systems perspective.
- Tracking the engineering design process and product release process including complete documentation.
- Ensure that the product meets internal and customer Battery Systems requirements.
OTHER CORE FUNCTIONS
According to the employee's professional experience, the focus of development responsibility may be on hardware or software design:
Execution of developments for electronic components for cell connecting systems and application of ECAD/programming tools. Hardware development includes hardware requirements analysis, schematic design, design simulation, PCB layout and hardware/system testing, while software development includes software requirements analysis, software design, programming and software/system testing.
B.S. or higher degree, Dipl.-Ing. (FH) or higher in Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Environmental Technologies Engineering, Energy and Environmental System Engineering or similar degree
- Up to 5 years of Systems engineering experience.
- Familiarity with automotive electronics hardware, software and systems requirements, functional objectives and validation methods and tools.
- Familiarity in the development of electrical and /or electromechanical systems.
- Familiarity with automotive specifications for electromechanical systems.
- Good communication and business relation skills.
- Comprehensive technical reading skills as well as written and oral communication skills in German and English necessary.
- M.S. or higher degree, Dipl.-Ing. (FH) or higher in Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Environmental Technologies Engineering, Energy and Environmental System Engineering or similar degree
- 5+ years of Systems engineering experience.
- Experience with automotive electronics hardware, software and systems requirements, functional objectives and validation methods and tools.
- Demonstrated competence in the development of electrical and /or electromechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of automotive specifications for electromechanical systems.
- Proven communication and business relation skills.
- Deliver Results
- Understand the mission and output of your team; set SMART objectives and deliver
- Drive Change
- Focus on agility and commitment to continuous improvement; Understand and act on internal and external drivers of change
- Build Capability
- Foster a culture of learning and development; Support individual growth through continuous feedback to achieve personal and professional goals
- Cultivate Innovation
- Openly embrace, create, implement and support new and innovative ideas, processes and technology that deliver business results
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.