To maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work environment to not only meet, but exceed company standards. Tools to be used include but are not limited to hand brooms, mops, spray cans/bottles etc. Use of an electric or manual pallet jack to maneuver product while cleaning product home slots is required. (Training provided) Assure that the highest degree of sanitation and housekeeping is maintained and that pest control systems are working effectively. Remove all refuse and recyclables to authorized pickup areas. Ensure trash/recyclable collection areas are empty and clean. Clean break rooms and work areas. Prepare and complete all reports as required. Take note of any damage or safety issues and report to floor leadership.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Occasional Work Performed:
* Excellent attendance and ability to maintain positive working relationships with fellow co-workers.
* Must be able to follow instructions/directions
* Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT:
Must be able to interact courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, customers and/or vendors to the point that productivity and morale are positively affected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* A combination of standing and walking
* Includes frequently reaching with hands and arms, and using hands to finger, handle, and feel.
* Includes some crawling, kneeling, crouching, turning, climbing and balancing.
* Includes frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds, and regularly hand lifting and/or moving up to 75lbs.
* Requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception acuities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
* Outside work - all weather-related temperature range and conditions
* Inside work, temperature range -10 to 85 with hot, humid, wet, cold, and dusty environments(non-weather)
* Work on a dock; work around moving objects and mechanical parts
* Noise level (moderate), ventilation (adequate), lighting (adequate)
* Work alone, and work with and around others
* Requires the wearing of company approved hard-toed safety shoes and personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Honor Foods, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not permit discrimination again or harassment of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, or on the basis of any personal characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Pay Rate: $12 hourly