MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, DC. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis-caring for the whole person-MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
The Senior Cardiovascular Technologist ensures that workflow and schedules are appropriately maintained. They ensure maintenance of equipment and supplies and assist with personnel management functions in addition to performing non-invasive testing for use in the diagnosis of heart and vascular diseases (including exercise stress testing, pacemaker evaluation, tilt table, Holter Monitor, SAECG, transtelephonic monitoring, ECG, and respiratory analysis).
* Administers and coordinates the daily operations, patient flow, and case scheduling in coordination with charge nurse, under direction of the Director of Interventional Services.
* Participates in and evaluates all technical functions.
* Supervises the maintenance of equipment and supplies.
* Performs management functions that include: scheduling, coaching, counseling, and evaluating employees.
* Ensures that equipment is properly maintained, and point of service licenses are maintained.
* Participates in orientation for employees, identifying educational needs and delivery of educational opportunities in coordination with the Director.
* High School graduate.
* Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or eligible.
* Minimum of three years of experience as a Cardiovascular Technologist.
* Current BLS