We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people's lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients' successes while giving back to communities and making this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our . Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: , , ,
What success looks like in this role:
Unisys Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Network/Security Architect/Technologist. Candidate will be responsible for building the end to end architecture for network and security. This position requires 10-15 years of experience in IT with a finely honed focus on networking and security. Must be experienced with pragmatic communication at all levels, including Technical Managers, Directors and C-Level Management. Lead technical teams responsible for gathering requirements, developing solutions, implementing the solutions and ongoing support.
This role is responsible for architecting the end to end security/network platform to be leveraged by customers to secure their environment. This role will be responsible for integrating third party tools to build out the XDR platform. The candidate will be reviewing the end to end architecture and identifying gaps that will be filled by building, buying or acquiring capabilities. Work with cross-functional Solutions & Development teams to architect the platform. Work with peers and GTM team to roll out the solutions. Develop strategic partnership with key third party vendors and integrate their product suite with our platform.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with strategic partners from within IT Service Management, Business Partner Manager, Project Portfolio Management, and Application Operations as well as all external outsourced IT infrastructure service providers.
- Advise leadership on a virtual enterprise wide & badge transparent team in setting the technical direction.
- Contribute to the technology lifecycle & roadmap for the technologies in scope, including technology absorption & risk, technology refresh, migration & retirement strategies.
- Stay abreast of technical trends and directions in the technology & investment management vendor communities and identify new opportunities for use of this technology.
- Educate & mentor the technical virtual team and appropriate management in the use of the technologies in scope.
- Understand, formulate and present the cost and business benefit of the use of the technologies in scope and constantly drive productivity improvements & reductions in TCO.
- Develop, monitor, report and present key infrastructure performance metrics for technologies in scope.
- Contributes to technical artifacts through team/program SharePoint and/or communities of practice.
- Fills a lead architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and advises clients on Unisys Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs.
- Provides technical oversight for technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
- Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analyses.
- Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
- May refine and optimize infrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by junior architects.
- Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques. Service Delivery Responsibilities Fills a lead architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to develop or refine infrastructure solution designs based on Unisys portfolio offerings and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution.
- Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
- Interfaces to all levels of the client's organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
- Assumes accountability for the infrastructure solution technology components and the successful implementation of the full solution. May include hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other efforts required to keep the project on a successful track.
- Maintains and reports on implementation status and changes to risks, estimates or schedule
- Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve design issues, improve design quality and share high quality information
- May monitor the performance of external service providers or subcontractors People Management May assign and review tasks, mentor junior architects, manage performance feedback, and create development plans consistent with performing the role of team leader or project manager
- Accountable to define, maintain, communicate, implement & execute the enterprise architecture, engineering & standards strategy and for its operational usage across the enterprise for technologies in scope.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Master's Degree or equivalent and minimum of 15 years of relevant technology experience.
- Significant exposure to clients across a variety of technologies, industries and domains
- Has a broad understanding of all Unisys portfolio solutions within the assigned Area of Strength and is able to present solution and portfolio strategy to clients at all levels.
- Has subject-matter expert level understanding of Unisys portfolio solutions within network and security.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to interface with all levels of internal and client project teams.
- Advanced proficiency in the Unisys Services and Solutions Delivery Framework (SDF) and highly knowledgeable in process frameworks such as CMMI.
- In-depth experience with Infrastructure and technology-related areas of the Unisys Solution Portfolio.
- Highly knowledgeable on applicable industry standards and frameworks.
- Deep & broad knowledge and experience in the capabilities and use of the technologies in scope.
- Over 15 years of experience in selecting, design engineering, solution engineering, project engineering, integrating and implementing security and network architecture and related technologies.
- Demonstrated effective decision making that had significant impact on technology direction and related business results.
- Over 15 years of experience in managing major vendor relationships in this technology area.
- Over 15 years of experience in providing consulting to senior management on the use and selection of these technologies.
- Strong background and understanding of the technical direction in this space and the prevailing standards.
- A proven history of being able to influence business and IT peers and management in the decision making process.
- Ability to explain complex technical detail and tradeoffs to non-technical associates.
- Strong vendor management and negotiating skills.
- Ability to mentor and develop other engineers & architects.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Crucial Conversations as demonstrated by the ability to facilitate and conduct crucial conversations when stakes are high, emotions are strong and opinions vary that result in win/win solutions and while doing so fostering communication by encouraging open, honest two-way communication.
- Deep & broad knowledge of full range of distributed networking, voice, video, data & security hardware and software architectural patterns, design standards and options.
- Industry Certifications are preferred such as, CCNP - R&S, CCNA - R&S, CCNA - Security, CCNA Wireless