Join Our Team!
We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people at First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow their passions. That's one of the many reasons First United has been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009! Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our "Get Started" section to take your first step to being a part of First United.The PositionJob TitleFinancial Center ManagerJob Description
This position is responsible for managing, directing, and accepting overall accountability for the retail performance of the community bank, including expanding existing customer base and the sales and service cultures, and empowering customers to spend life wisely. Responsible for the oversight of onsite operational compliance and internal controls, and compliance with all laws, regulations, and corporate policies by performing the following essential duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Demonstrates and promotes high ethical standards and behaviors in accordance with the values of First United: knowing, living, and doing what's right.
- Builds internal and external relationships through exceptional problem resolution, ownership, and follow-through. Promotes teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration.
- Works with other managers in a team setting to create and develop bank sales, service, and operational standards and policies for consistency in employee and customer experience among community banks.
- Master the Primary Purpose and Essential Duties of the Senior Relationship Banker role.
- Serves as the working manager fulfilling the role of Senior Relationship Banker and Relationship Banker as required.
- Leads by example and serves as a role model for Tellers and Relationship Banker positions.
- Partners with Community Bank President to manager and direct implementation of community bank plans to achieve specified loan generation, deposit growth, and product sales, cross-selling, relationship development and retention goals.
- Demonstrates advanced product and sales knowledge of all retail and small business products including but not limited to cash management and electronic services.
- Directs sales processes including behaviors during cross-selling at new account openings, lobby observations, customer profiling, target setting, call preparation, coaching, and managing results.
- Coordinates competitions and campaigns to meet sales goals and objectives: communicates weekly sales goals, evaluates progress, establishes weekly calling plans, and coaches for targeted relationship development results. Participates in outbound calling efforts to increase bank relationships and business opportunities.
- Manages the hiring of non-officers in the community bank, including assisting with application process, testing, and internal job posting.
- Facilitates on-boarding of new community bank employees, including completion of new-hire electronic paperwork, opening new payroll deposit account, initiation of technology/log-in set-up, and providing training opportunities.
- Manages employees in the bank: training, coaching, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Ensures compliance with operating policies and procedures, including security, compliance, and audit requirements.
- Conducts regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports.
- Attends periodic HR training and counsels employees regarding HR policies and procedures, including clocking in and out, vacation time, and dress code; reports major employee issues to the HR department.
- Ensures all branch marketing materials such as posters, brochures, and rate sheets are current, properly displayed, and that supplies are maintained.
- Ensures grounds are maintained in safe conditions and reflecting professionalism.
- Represents the bank in the community by participating in civic, service and community organizations, through memberships, events and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Conduct day-to-day operations under the direction of the Community Bank President
- Maximizes collaboration between Financial Center and designated community bank location.
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
- Dresses professionally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field is preferred.
- One year relevant industry and management experience in banking or retail preferred.
- Strong financial and regulatory expertise with the banking industry.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial analytical and underwriting skills.
- Extensive leadership versatility and an ability to relate with and understand varying mindsets within a diverse organization.
- Ability to manage a wide range of projects.
- Complex thinking capacity and skills.
- Ability to lead others to comprehend complex issues from a higher level and bring value to management.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.All Locations:Durant-Wal-Mart
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at for assistance. First United Bank is an Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.